flossy-p home

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

illlos for others

Engagement Day

Vanessa commissioned this illo as a wedding present for her friends. It's an impression of the day they became engaged! A bike ride through green fields. I don't think they brought all their pets along on the day, but they look cute anyway. (I had reference photo's of the couple, their pets and the engagement ring to work from).

Unfortunately, I got so caught up in everything that I didn't manage to get it to her in time for their wedding day, but hopefully it will be a nice surprise for them when they get back from their honeymoon.

Next up is a fantastical piece for one sweet little lady.

4 comments:

Regina said...

This is beautiful!! I know the happy couple will LOVE it!!

Diane Duda said...

I feel very lucky to be one of the "others" who owns a piece of your art! I'm sure this couple will love their surprise.

Rayne said...

Oh, this is wonderful. I love the, oh, how do I put it? The roundness of it? How it has a feeling of flowing and continuing on. As if it's going to just keep going on right off the canvas.
The sweet little baby is sooo cute!!! Just needed to add that, she's too adorable not to mention.

Allison said...

eeee! i love it and i am so excited!

and thank you rayne - she has totally stolen our hearts!