flossy-p home

Thursday, December 03, 2009

hiatus

Today I'm leaving for Sydney. Back to visit friends, meet a new baby, soak in the city, enjoy visiting the Finders Keepers Markets, absorbing lots of art and music if I can... And food absorption will be good too. Good food. Greek, Lebanese, Turkish, Portuguese... all the things we don't have here.

I did the same trip this time last year. A re-creation. A tradition. A boost of stimulation.

Back on Tuesday. See you then.

In the meantime, you may like to acquaint yourself with the diversity of Sydney via this great new site, 52 Suburbs. It's beautiful. Beautiful photo's, seen through a wonderful eye, to fulfill a great plan.

Enjoy!

7 comments:

Monique said...

Thanks for the link. What a beautiful site.

Kate Moore said...

Enjoy. We're expecting 34-36C days all of next week, so bring loose, light clobber and a hat. Enjoy Finders Keepers. I went last time, but it was so packed it was hard to move around and I decided not to go this time around. I am in Sydney next Saturday for a Gourmet Safari tour of Turkish providores. Yummo. My pick of things to do in Sydney is always the Museum of Sydney, down near circular quay. There's an exhibition of Martin Sharp's work. Police and Justice Museum is nearby, I think Femme Fatale is still on. Fascinating.
Have fun.

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

make sure you gorge yourself on portuguese tarts at honeybee in Petersham!! have agreat time!!!

Allison said...

have a wonderful time! and thank you for the new link!! i am so in love with 52 suburbs - can't.stop.looking.

Sam said...

Sounds fun! Welcome back to Sydney!! Will go check out that site - many thanks!

Sam said...

Oh my goodness - that site's amazing - thank you so much!!!!

Hila said...

have fun!!