flossy-p home

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

guess what we bought this week?

LetterPressHouse2


A . H O U S E ! ! ! !


A whole life sized, real bricks and mortar, mother-lovin' house!

Our first...

We will no longer be renters. We will be able to paint the walls whatever colour we like, and positively litter the walls with picture hooks. We will be able to rip things out and tack things on, and even plant a garden! Our pot plants have done us well over all these years, but they deserve to stretch their roots and live as they should, with their toes in the earth.

We move in a month.

W e . A r e . V e r y . E x c i t e d .


LetterPressHouse
EtsyHouses1
EtsyHouses2
Images from Etsy:
Letterpress Paper Pop-Up Houses, by 1canoe2
1.
Balloon Factory, by Pearson Maron
2.
Bird House Cabin, by Barkin Mad
3.
Yellow House Print, by Swallowfield
4.
Little Houses Zipper Pouch, by Moon Tea Artwork
5.
Pop-up Patchwork Doll House, by Sarabande Press
6.
Tiny Porcelain Clay Houses, by Shoda
7.
Avenue Screenprinted Fabric, by Summersville
8.
Carriage House 2, by Artworm

20 comments:

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

BEST NEWS EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

Snake handler moves out, snake moves in. Snake moves in, flossy-p and Mr You move out. The cycle of life.

Congrats on the very exciting and very grown up new purchase.

xxx

lil kim said...

Wow, congrats!!!! Marriage, a house.... what's next?? ;-)

Kate Moore said...

Congrats. It's a great feeling isn't it? Have fun planning all those little details. I am sure your place will be special.

Aether-art said...

Such exciting news! May your move be smooth and the new house filled with happiness and many picture hooks in whatever walls you want.

Lexi:: PottyMouthMama said...

Fantastic news - congrats cats. xxx

Jacinta said...

FANTASTIC news! Congratulations... exciting times ahead for you!
It is so so nice to make a space your own and only something you can truly do in your own home.
Can't wait to see your creativity blossom in your first home.

Geek+Nerd said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! That is amazing!!!!!!!

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

OMG! That's super exciting! Congratulations!

Katrina Jackson said...

Congratulations! That is super amazing news! I'm so excited for you!

Kate Moore said...

Oh lordy no, not the pet man ... Dr Harry off Silent Witness. Oh, you'd swoon, I just know you would.

Jenny said...

How wonderful and so exciting-congratulations:)

muralimanohar said...

Dannngg...one of my best friends just did that, too. Am so jealous of y'all!! :D Congratulations!!

Alisa said...

Oh Congratulations!! One day I hope I'll be able to say that. : ) What a gorgeous post announcing it, I'm wow-ed by so many of those sweet abodes.

Chrisy said...

This is wonderful news...you'll have such fun and make wonderful memories there I know...

Regina said...

Yay!! I am so excited for you! You will have so much fun making your nest all your own. Congrats.

victoria said...

Excellent!!! Congratulations. I am so pleased for you. Moving into your own place will be a lot of fun, especially because you can give free rein to you artistic tendencies - yay!

.girl ferment. said...

what a wonderful wedding present to yourselves. congratulations.
love the idea of painting walls and hanging things freely.
xx

Anna Lloyd said...

Oh how exciting!! Congratulations... it's all happening!

Anastasia said...

oh wow!!! congrats guys - thats fantastic news!!!
are you staying in the same area?