flossy-p home

Friday, March 26, 2010

the making of a mural



That's me... making the mural I mentioned earlier in the year!!!

Show everyone you know! ;)

I'm waiting to get some good photos back so I'll show n' tell more soon. In the meantime please enjoy my 70 hrs of work compressed into just over a minute (not including the initial 20hrs of client briefing, research and concept sketches).

Thanks to Mr You for his excellent movie making skills .xx.

22 comments:

Christina Lowry said...

It's fantastic! Both the mural and the film. Wonderful work. What a great pair you make! :)

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

BRILLIANT movie, brilliant and EVERYONE is talking about the lovely whales at the new bakery, and I am proud t say my friends Flossy-p did that isn't she clever! xx

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

I love the mural and that film is brilliant! So much fun to watch!

Liesl said...

Your mural is absolutely fabulous! Love and admire your beautiful work.

How much fun is that movie, too! What a brilliant idea.

CurlyPops said...

That little movie is so cool, and your mural is truly amazing. What a fabulous job!

Geek+Nerd said...

You are so awesomely awesome. I love this!

Katrina Jackson said...

K, that's it. You're amazing. :) No seriously, I LOVE this mural! My favorite thing about your work is all the little details.

Aether-art said...

That's so fantastic! It's so whimsically beautiful!! I was also, quietly admiring your lovely parade of outfits and your very chic looking french-looking apron! Plus - fantastic stop motion work! Congratulations!

Chrisy said...

Hooray! Standing Ovation here! Bravo!

Chrisy said...

...have put link on facebook...

Jacinta said...

Awesome!
So great to watch you in action and see the art during it's creation. Beautiful work.

Jenny said...

Truely awesome and I too loved watching it-Well done:)

Jan Allsopp said...

I went there this afternoon to see your mural, feeling safe because they were closed; it is beautiful! You are so clever! Thanks for the comments on my blog too ;]

Regina said...

wooo-hooo! THat was so fun. My little guys and I watched it 5 times!! They thought it was REALLY cool! Beautiful job. It's such a wonderful mural.

Unknown said...

That was nothing but fun!!! And beautiful work! You make it look so easy, and fun!

Sarah Knight said...

wow, that was quite amazing
: )

Evie said...

woowzers 90hr project. amazing! congratulations. it looks fantastic and the stop motion was so fun to watch x

Sometimes I Sew XOXO said...

Wow! I xoxo it! Flossy-p great work. I love how you made the video of your work :)

Susiexoxo

Anna Lloyd said...

Wow, 70 hours! I hope you got paid what you are worth, it looks fabulous!!

Lois said...

THAT WAS COOL!!!
You are so talented!
Congratulations on a beautiful piece of art.
Lois

Claire said...

Such beautiful whales and pastries. Lucky bakery!

Esti said...

It's fantastic! Congrats!