flossy-p home

Monday, March 21, 2011

one month

IMG_3128-tiltshift
A month! A whole month already... actually it's almost 5 weeks since we had our little boy. As days and nights make way for a new unit of time; 3 hourly blocks, weeks blend together, and in this new pattern, time has flown by.

In this short time our little boy has already grown so much, both in weight, length, and cheek plumpity (today they looked so big I swear they were resting on his shoulders). He is doing brilliantly. I spend lots of time gazing into his tiny little face, and touching his tiny little arms and legs and wishing for him to never grow. Part of me wants him to stay this tiny and cute forever more (the way his little arms only just reach to the top of his head when he stretches just kills me). But I know as each stage makes way for the next, I will feel the same way; partly wanting to freeze time, and partly dying to see what comes next.

IMG_3195-tiltshift

For the time being I am loving his smallness. Alarmingly, when he's in his most docile, malleable state (just after a feed), I have an overwhelming urge to stick his floppy little body in a pumpkin, Anne Geddes style. I KNOW! I did warn you it was alarming! Before you know it I'll be displaying other worrying "mum" traits. They don't warn you about that in the books. Good God!

Despite having a short-list, it took us four days to decide on a name for him. In the meantime I found myself referring to him as various food types; my happy little vegemite, spud, happy potato, my little muffin man, egg with legs, and sleepy prawn (because of the adorable way his legs curled back up tight against his body when he got sleepy). Now he has a real name that doesn't make you hungry. And of course he needs a blog name too... I'd like to introduce you to our little Millipede.

IMG_3096< IMG_3120
What else can I tell you? He has stacks of dark downy hair, very dark blue eyes, and makes a continual array of strange and curious noises.

Thank-you all for your kind comments of congratulations. I have, for the past month, been trying to get a chance to blog, I guess posts will be rare for a while until we adopt some sort of pattern here. But I do plan to continue... keep an eye out for atmospheric photos of a naked docile baby resting in a bowl of exotic fruits ;)

IMG_3181-tiltshift-1

20 comments:

victoria said...

So beautiful. I think he will be very artisically inspiring for you in time, too!

Cindy said...

Oh my, he is divine. I hope you have been enjoying the first few weeks, they can be so enjoyable and overwhelming all in one.
xx

Lexi:: PottyMouthMama said...

Oh Flossy-P, he is a beautiful baby BEAUTIFUL! Enjoy these weeks, selfishly as a family. I just love to love a newborn, and he looks particularly delectable. Congratulations, you made a real beauty.x

Monique said...

Enjoy your boy. He is delicious. Congrats to you both. This is the most special-ist of times. Enjoy them.

Katrina Jackson said...

Oh my he is absolutely adorable! I just want to kiss those plump little cheeks! I hope the adjustment to parenthood is going well for you! Congratulations!

lil kim said...

you have produced a gorgeous one! huge congratulations.

Regina said...

How do you not want to nibble on him all the time?!

He is perfectly sweet. And, you know, it happens to us all. The crazy mommy thoughts.

Aether-art said...

Congratulations Flossy! I am not at all surprised that your latest production is as beautiful and gorgeous as all of your other ones! He is truly a beautiful boy!

Anna Lloyd said...

Wow, so beautiful. Welcome Mr Millipede.

Kelly said...

Congratulations! So, so cute :)

laura said...

He is so incredible! And he must smell amazing too. Many congratulations to the both of you!

Megan.K. said...

Oh, I can totally see why you would name him after food - he looks yummy enough to eat! What a gorgeous, scrumptious little guy.
Congratulations Flossy - Yay, yay, yay! Enjoy every second of that newborn curled-up-ness. It's incredible.
xo

isay said...

-congratulations Flossy-what a beautiful baby. best regards.

Jacinta said...

Nice to meet you Millipede. What a sweetie.
He is so so beautiful Flossy! Hugs to you both. xx

Anastasia said...

he is just darling!! what a sweet little boy - awww so happy for you!
those first few weeks are wonderful...super tiring but yes, you can stare at them all day long...enjoy it all!!

Geek+Nerd said...

Flossy - he is so beautiful!!! Sending much love your way!

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

Oh he is just so precious! Congratulations!

Shayla said...

ADORABLE! GORGEOUS! Omg. He is absolutely perfect and such a doll too! Congrats!

benconservato said...

I am very happy that you are doing well (I never doubted that you could do it, very well). He is very sweet looking. I hope that he is behaving and you at least get a little sleep.
Step by step! xxx

Sandra said...

Congratulations Flossy-p! Your little millipede is absolutely adorable!! I hope you are enjoying every moment, even with the endless feedings and sleep deprivation (don't worry, it will pass). These early days fly by so quickly! Take care of yourself too.