flossy-p home

Thursday, January 13, 2011

pizza, pasta and tiny little boots

Guess what I did last night?...

I met long-time blog friend Jacinta from One Little Acorn! Yes, met in real life! She and her Mum, Shirley, are up in my region this week taking part in Camp Creative, and as they were so close (compared to being in Melbourne, where they are from, in a whole other state!), we organised to meet up.

The three of us went out for dinner and can I just say it was so comfortable and natural.

We've only seen the very occasional, small, not too detailed pic of each other on our blogs, but we recongised each other immediately. Then spent the rest of the night chatting away as if we were old friends who hadn't seen each other in a few years. I think we probably could have lingered on chatting for a few more hours. :)

Co-incidentally, it was only a few weeks ago I sent her the prize pack from my Thanksgiving Giveaway this year.

And guess what else?! They gave me a gift!!!

Booties By Shirley

Hand-knitted (by Shirley) baby booties! With the loveliest "blackberry stitch" cuffs. THEN they shouted my meal!!!! I couldn't stop them. So generous and kind they both are.

Anyway, I had a really really nice evening with them, and I'm so thrilled to finally have met Jacinta after aaaalllll these years as blog-friends.

Thanks so much you two, safe travels all the way home, looking forward to doing it again next time. .xx.

4 comments:

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

How nice. How sweet of them!

Jacinta said...

Arrived home yesterday... BOY, that's a loooong drive. But it was worth it.
What a joy it was to meet you in person... and a lovely way to spend the evening. As you said, it felt like catching up with a long time friend, so relaxed and easy.
Glad you liked the booties, they really are sweet aren't they... Mum is a superstar knitter.
Talk soon Flossy!
xxx

Shirl said...

Hello again Flossy. It was a pleasure to meet you.
As my involvement in blogging is as a spectator only it intrigues me that blogging friends hit it off so wonderfully well when they eventually meet. I consider myself lucky to have experienced it.
Love Shirl.

Rayne said...

Those little booties are adorable.