flossy-p home

Wednesday, January 05, 2011

what's in store for 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Did you have a good holiday? We did alot of travelling to spend time with all of our families, but it was well worth it. My Mum's side of the family had a reunion. The first time we've all been together in over 15 years. One of my cousins travelled for 36 hours straight, from the other end of the country, to join in. It was pretty special.

We wanted NYE to be a big one, seeing as it may be our last chance for a while. But we were so pooped from all the travelling over Christmas (having only gotten home the day before), we ended up just popping down to see the local fireworks, and were all tuckered out, in bed before midnight. Oh well...

The lead up to Christmas was also pretty big. Loads of work. Mr You's mum came and helped me sew my way through half of my Wombat pillowcase orders, meaning I got them sent out in time for Christmas (which was SO awesome)... only 45 to go now. ;)

I also sent out my Thanksgiving Giveaway Prize Pack, and Jacinta seemed genuinely thrilled to receive it! :D

Thanksgiving Prize Pack 2010

The past few days have been really fun through. Plodding around the house, getting things organised, working on this and that, and finishing each day with a lovely Summer swim.

Now, it's back to work, sewing pillowcases and bags, creating new products for La La Land (more on that soon), a commission, setting up some deals for the coming months, and general pre-baby renno's and preparation. The countdown has begun, I'm hoping to finish everything up before the end of the month, before I become too cumbersome to move, (which on some days feels as though that point is only 15 minutes away).

Hope you had a great few weeks too!

6 comments:

Maxabella said...

"Plodding" is a good word. It implies sturdiness and contentment as much a burden. I hope you enjoy these last couple of months. Your work is beautiful. x

Jacinta said...

Christmas and family sound wonderful and so special. Glad you got to enjoy it and relax a bit too! It's going to be a big 2011.
As for the Thanksgiving prize pack, I am Totally thrilled!
Can't wait to thank you in person!
xxx

Geek+Nerd said...

Glad to hear that you and Mr. You had a nice holiday! Ours was great as well, and I am slowly but surely getting back to reality at work. Sending lots of hugs!

Katrina Jackson said...

Glad to hear you had a great holiday season! :)

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

Sounds exhausting over the break. make sure you spend some time with your feet up too! x

Jenny said...

You certainly have been busy with lots of projects on the go-2011 will be an awesome one for you:) I look forward to keeping a closer watch on what is going on in your blog in 2011-don't forget to put your feet up:)