
My Illustration Friday attempt for "sorry".
If you're looking at this thinking "Pfff. Dag-gy" than you've got it in one!
This illustration represents 'sorry' in more ways than one. But there's a story...
One of the best presents I was given for my birthday this week was a photo album Sister Sparkle made me containing all photo's of her and I since we were little. It is really special and I LOVE it. The 'sorry' part comes in to the story with the fact that she gave it to me at the party, so all my friends got stuck in and had a good look. We all laughed at the photo's together, but there was one that had them all ROLLING IN THE AISLES!!!
It was a photo of Sister Sparkle and I dressed in bridesmaid dresses for my Dad and step-mum's wedding. The photo's of my Duran Duran hair, or all-in-one pant suits, or little black bikini at the age of 8 had them chuckling, BUT THIS had them all in hysterics.
They crowded around this photo. They took photo's of this photo, and they even suggested having a pianting competition to see who could paint a portrait of this photo the best! (so here's one to get you started!)
1) Very very sorry my friends ever saw this photo
2) Very very sorry we ever had to wear these dresses
If you were joking about a bridesmaid dress, most people would accentuate the horrid features. THESE dresses had them all:
- Taffetta (and loads of it)
- Apricot in colour
- Gaint puffy sleaves (that didn't have anything inside, they were just magically self-inflating)
- Hoop hem (impossible to go to the loo in)
- Giant bow on the back
- Hundreds of tiny buttons
- and princess waist line
3) Very Very sorry all of the tackiest features of a dress were crammed into one feature-packed design! (set off nicely with carnations and babies breath bouquet, and white high heeled shoes) All class I tell you.










11 comments:
ha! Isn't that funny how there is no such thing as a beautiful bridesmaid dress? At least, certainly none I have ever worn! I think the bride must pick them out on purpose so we don't look as pretty as she.
LOL! Love this interpretation. So, um, do we get to see the real horror? I have one like this too... but mine is teal and the one shoulder sleeve thing with a big bow right on top.
Funny! and full of sentiments.
Great photos.
ew, i had to wear a similar apricot dress when i was a candle lighter in my brother's wedding.
payback is a mutha ;)
hilarious!
It so fits and i can picture these exactly :)
don't we all have one of these stories to tell? the 80s were such a fashionable time...
Wonderful illustration. I've always thought that bridesmaid dresses were one of the penalties for being a woman. Perhaps worse than having a period. :-)
What is it about bridesmaids' dresses? Are they just so wretched looking so the bride looks even more beautiful? Your illustration is wonderful...love those smiles...what else can you do in such dresses?
Your sister seems neat, it's cool that you both were close and still are. What a sweet idea. I'm sorry about the dresses too. I got married two years ago and got the dresses hand made out of raw Indian silk in a deep red colour, I thought they looked great but lets' face it, they're bridesmaid dresses, they're never wearing them again. I was a bridesmaid the following year, again, the bride tried, but have I worn the dress again? Uh, no. I love your illustration, great colours and expressions. Glad you didn't lampoon you and your sister overmuch. Mostly just the love and silliness come through.
sorry, can't help but love this! Love the layout, the border and colours, Wonderful!!!
too funny! my favorite part is the inflatable sleeves! All that puffiness reminds me of the awful prom dresses that were "big" when I was little.
love the photos...what a great gift from your sis!
Post a Comment