flossy-p home

Sunday, May 28, 2006

spazzy disproportions and twigs

















Amanda I had such a spazzy time at life drawing classes the week before last. So spazzy in fact that I scrunched up most of the drawings I did. Sorry to Amanda, the model, who did nothing to deserve the terrible disproportions in my depictions of her.
One of the few surviving drawings that made it to the 'like pile' ended up being a blind contour attempt, (I like her butt in this).
Tim 1 This week we had to draw with tree twigs dipped in ink. It was tricky, as I was holding the twig up to the paper the ink kept running back down the twig onto my hand. It got very messy but I ended up really liking the results.
Tim 2 Still not great at hands, but getting better at feet.
Tim by MrYou Mr You became very frustrated and cranky with the twig technique and thought his drawings were all bad, so I've posted one here to prove to him that it is actually really cool. (new eyes, new setting, always does wonders. Just wait till I stick it in a frame!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like them! most of all the third one.. the face looks sorta spooky, but i like it. I love doing blind contour drawings... it's one of my favorite things to do!(if thats the case, what a fun life i have,huh?)

Anonymous said...

oh man they look really good to me. and i got a c+ in drawing. my favorite paintings nathaniel did are of chickens in his kitchen. he had to paint with sticks and brushes tied to them and stuff. if it were me drawing it wouldn't resemble a human!