flossy-p home

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

my name is flossy-p, and I am a nostalgic-tv-aholic

One of the benefits of having a secret blog is that you can admit to watching midday movies on TV (while you’re suppose to be working at home) without fearing the wrath of an employer or client. Heee.

I haven’t been doing it this week, I’m waaay too busy (promise, and besides this week they’re showing The Diary of Ann Frank, and I’ve seen that already and was very upset because I didn’t know that she died in the end. And how did I NOT know that? I was in tears for days after that. I just assumed that if we all knew her story so well she must have survived to tell the tale, or at least confirm the diaries were hers, you know?)…

GilAndAnneAnyway, my weakness for the midday movie was during the previous 2 weeks when they were showing Anne of Green Gables. I know! How long is it since you’ve seen that? Oh, and let me tell you it’s even better than I remembered it to be. So anyway, it only ran for 2 days during the first week… but THEN they played the sequel for another 2 days the following week. So, I was, you know, kind of “scheduling” things around it, claiming it as a long lunch break. I didn’t even answer the phone while it was on because I didn’t want anyone to hear it in the background, and have my naughty little secret ousted, heh.

I know, I know, it’s starting to sound like a bona-fide problem, or a condition of some sort. BUT people, it was Anne of Green Gables! It’s a classic. And you don’t appreciate, when you’re young, how good the acting actually is. But some things don’t change; Gilbert Blythe is just as delicious as he ever was, and I still want to be able to wear little hats and a bustle dress like Anne.

Okay, so I may have a problem. Mr You claims I’m a thirteen year old trapped in the body of a growing woman. He could be right. You know how much I hate mornings, well there was a whole year where I got up and showered and dressed in time to sit and eat breakfast by 7am so I could watch Pokemon every morning before work. And I’m kinda bummed because I’m going to be out tonight when the reunion episode of Degrassi will be on. (Whooo-hooo! It’s up to the new generation, but the old originals are meeting up for the reunion). My vcr doesn’t even tape that channel, damn.

Despite how it sounds I actually don’t watch much TV at all really. But I can assure you I will clear my plate wide and clean if anything of that ilk graces the midday movie slot next week.
Shhhhh, let’s just keep that to ourselves though, shall we?

7 comments:

Allison said...

i LOVE Anne of Green Gables! i'm jealous now because i haven't seen or read it in years, but i may have to go dig it up and watch now! ** i have been secretly watching Gilmore Girls for years now - probably equivalent to Degrassi - and i will never ever ever tire of the Arthur cartoon - who wouldn't want to watch an aardvark with glasses!

p.s. i will respond to your email - and soon. i just got home tonight and as soon as i unpack my bags tomorrow i'll get to typing!

Anonymous said...

I love Anne of Green Gables! It has been ages since I saw that! I should dig up the books and read them again! I don't think you have a problem at all. In fact, if that was all the TV I watched, I would be doing great!

P.S. Love Squalor...I also watch Gilmore Girls and Arthur. teehee

toiletrollart said...

Mmm. I may out-nerd you all. I have the Anne of Green Gables DVD's.

Anonymous said...

When Anne was on the first time around it was a family affair. they replay them on TV every few years... well cause it's Canadian and I'm Canadian!

flossy-p said...

I did take special attention to it being filmed in Cananda. It looks beautiful! You lucky duck.

Rayne said...

I haven't seen Anne of Green Gables in forever! I need to see if the library has them because now I really want to watch them again.
And for some reason, Chitty Chitty Bang-Bang.

Victoria said...

Don't worry, I suspect we are all thirteen year old girls inside. I am so interested in this issue that I read all the comments before me, and I must admit to watching Degrassi (the old and the new, they seem to alternate) whenever possible on ABC2 lately!