flossy-p home

Thursday, September 27, 2007

juggler

The main reason I began blogging was to have a place to participate in Illustration Friday. I did it consistently almost every week for about 18 months. But this year I've been juggling too many things at once and dropped the i-Fri ball, and have missed it terribly. I still check the topic every week and try to think of an image, sometimes I come up with one, but run out of time to actually paint it. Sometimes, I can't think of anything at all... sadly my IF muscle has gone all flabby and out of shape. I'm aiming to start participating once again. Not promising anything, but it's definitely on my list.

Anyway, this week's theme was juggle, and I remembered that I had drawn a juggler for a job recently.

Remember when I submitted mouse girl and trumpet boy to try and get my first commercial illustration job?
MouseGirl and TrumpetBoy
Well the client didn't go for them, said they weren't corporate enough. BUT they did give me the opportunity to try again. This time I did very quick, messy sketches, and they were apparently just what the client wanted.

JugglerMy juggler here, is an example of the 40 odd characters I had to draw.

Anyway, the website it was for has just recently been launched. Go check it out!

Mr You did the programming, and another friend did the site design.

And here's a red-hot-insiders tip: when you're looking at the site use your keyboard arrow keys, then try your page-up and page-down keys for something a bit different.

14 comments:

Diane Duda said...

IF has missed you too! I love these all...especially mouse girl.
Off to check out the site.

Di

stephanie said...

I love your mouse girl- great style. I also enjoyed thered-hot-insiders tip, what a great effect!

Anonymous said...

That website is so awesome! What a neat idea! I love all the illustrations...as usual. :-)

laura said...

That site is beautiful! Your illustrations work lovely with it.

But the most shocking bit is that upon browsing around it I discovered that Mr You's real name is REVEALED!

It was a mystery that I have been curious about for ages.

Shauna said...

OHHH i love your sketches on that site... they are so wonderful!!!

JO said...

So glad to see you back, love your beautiful illos.

Anonymous said...

That website is brilliant and those illos work wonderfully!!
Can't wait to see your if illos again!

Rayne said...

The site is fabulous! Great job!

Ratlion said...

Absolutely fabulous website...and the illustrations set the mood perfectly!

Ellen said...

You are like me. I just came back from a small hiatus myself. I know I need IFRI to keep my rtistic juices flowing. Hope you can keep up with it...It is sooo worth it!!
Lovely pieces of art BTW!!

kat coyle said...

i love the illustrations on the website!

Regina said...

It's wonderful. I love being able to check out all the characters on the website. My favorite is the Clock on stilts. Very cool!!

Victoria said...

That is absolutely MAGICAL. And they still have your style about them, even though they're a bit different from your paintings.

Anonymous said...

the site is impressive, our work is gorgeous, I played with it for ages to get a better look at them all. Just lovely.