flossy-p home

Thursday, November 15, 2007

2nd annual thanksgiving raffle

thanksgiving Some of you long-time-lurkers may recall that this time last year I conducted a Thanksgiving raffle. The general idea was that because we don't celebrate Thanksgiving here in Australia, (and it seems like such a friendly, well meaning holiday too, I'd hate to ignore it), I came up with a way of my own to express my thanks and gratitude to all you interweb buddies out there.

Last year Diane Duda was the winner, the prize being she would receive a custom-made illustration by me, and she could even select the topic. She chose an old photo of her boys when they were younger, one of her favourites, and that little pic there is what came of it.

Anyway, getting on with it.... It's on again this year! As Kermit The Frog would say, "yaaaayyyyyy"!

Here’s how it will work:

  1. If you’re interested, please leave a comment on this post. “Count me in” or something like that will do.


  2. At 7pm next Thursday evening (my time/Sydney), I will put all the names of those who have commented, into an empty bowl and ask my delightful assistant to draw one out randomly (without peeking).


  3. I’ll post who the winner is on Thursday night and try to contact them via email.



What does the winner win?

  1. Well it won't be a meat-tray!

  2. The winner will be able to select a topic for me to attempt an illustration of (e.g. you could send a photo for me to attempt a portrait of you or a loved one, or describe what your thanksgiving is like, or describe a favourite possession and I’ll attempt an imaginary still life, etc).


  3. I will post the illo here for you all to see, AND mail the original illustration to the winner so they can keep it for their very own. A gift from me to you.



So, you've got a week till Thanksgiving (in the US that is), and to get your names in for the draw.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-excited!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bizarre, I am never the first at anything!!!!!
count me in....of course....I do believe I signed up for this last year, or at least remember the contest and that illustration!

Susan Schwake said...

oh my goodness count me in girl!
and happy thanksgiving to you too. it IS my favorite holiday... no stress, lots of fun and good food.
xo
susan

Anonymous said...

I would love to win a piece of your art! Count me in! What a great idea to celebrate the holiday.

Leah said...

oo how fun, i'd love to be in the drawing!

Anonymous said...

This is the neatest thing I have ever heard of! What a wonderful idea! I love your illustrations and would LOVE to be added to the drawing!

Cat said...

Count me in!
Yahooo! What a wonderful prize -- thanks for sharing your talent with us!

Victoria said...

I'm so in. I LOVE that pic of the three boys.

Anastasia said...

oh wow..what an awesome prize!
count me in!!!

Anonymous said...

me! i'm in - all in :)

Diane Duda said...

I won't enter again. That wouldn't be fair.
Just wanted to let everyone know how much I love my "flossy-p" original and best of luck to you all!

xo
Di

Amy Farrier said...

what a great thanksgiving tradition! count me in. also, your new blog header is lovely.