flossy-p home

Thursday, November 22, 2007

thanksgiving raffle

I hope you all had a lovely Thanksgiving, or at least took a moment of general appreciation. I'm sure you're all wondering how the Thanksgiving Illustration Raffle went...

Well, this year there were ten lovely people contending (thank-you). See! There you all are...
Raffle: The entrants

Then I rolled each of you up, tied you up with a tiny strand of cotton, and jumbled you all about. This year we had a new gracious assistant, who just happened to be in the most perfect playful mood right at the very moment I was about to do the draw.
And the selection process played out like this:
Raffle: Selection process
Tilli entered right on queue, jumbled all the rolls up, flicked them all about a bit, then to our astonishment, she picked one lucky winner up in her mouth and jumped off the table. She chewed it up a bit, played with it a bit, then dropped it at her feet (sorry, paws).

Raffle: Winner!We unrolled the now moist winning scroll, and the winner was Anastasia! Yaaay! Congratulations!!!!
So now Anastasia, you get to choose what you would like me to attempt to paint for you.

What will it be? (this bit is exciting for me)

I'd sincerely like to thank everyone else who entered. You may not have won an illustration this time, but you definitely have my thanks and appreciation. Your visits and company are like treasure to me. Gold, sparkly, shiny, glitzy treasure!
(Especially now that I don't have any friends close by to invite round for a cup of tea, or glass of wine and bowl of olives).

Happy Thanksgiving!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been away for too long... I missed this years (and last years) Thanksgiving raffle!! Oh well I'm ever so excited to see what Anastasia asks you to create... it will be grand!

Much catching up to do here!

Anastasia said...

oh how wonderful!!!
i cant believe I won...awesome!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Congratulations Anastasia! I'm thankful for the friendships I've found through blogging! Hope you have a wonderful day!

Susan Schwake said...

this is the single cutest raffle i have EVER seen! i don't mind that i didn't win, the playing along part was the BEST!
lovely flossy-p!

Regina said...

You are so cool flossy! Anastasia is so super lucky!!

Happy (late) Thanksgiving to you!!

Cat said...

A most excellent selection process!
Congratulations, Anastasia!

Anonymous said...

mmmm... olives!