flossy-p home

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

leap

leap
My Illustration Friday attempt for leap.

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon style leap. One of the most mesmerising elements of that movie was the silence: you'd hear the last foot leaving the last tree top, and you'd hear the first foot landing on the next tree top, but inbetween, during the leaps, there was complete quiet. Beautiful!

Just a quick one this week. I missed last week and didn't want to miss another one, so this is my quick illo to get me by until I find more time.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

For being a 'quickie' this is fabulous. I love the movement in the paint splashes. AWESOME.

Loni Edwards said...

Very nice! I loved that movie! Your illo reminded me of Link from the Legend of Zelda. I too love the movement with the paint, a very nice touch. And I love the earthy tones you used.

lida motamed said...

Flossy ... my dear friend
thank you for lovely comment ...
i love your drawing
you r a real artist ....
i like you
keep in touch

Anonymous said...

That was one of my favorite qualities of the film, too.

The movement here is simply wonderful. I love the sway of the cloth especially.

Mim said...

Thanks for your visit - your drawings are amazing!

Steffie said...

I like this a lot, especially her expression and the movement.

But I just have to say.. I have totally fallen in love with your blog layout - so beautiful!

Willie Baronet said...

Ahhh, full of warrior goodness! Well done!

Traci Bixby said...

I love this piece. The line work is amazing!! Such energy it it.

van dyke said...

Yes, I recognized the 'Crouching Tiger...' association immediately. Nice splatter technique. Very appealing pose. Good work.

janie said...

I wish my quickies were as productive and energetic:)
Great style and motion going on.lovely stuff

JO said...

Your illos are lovely.

Stephani said...

Powerful leap. I like the splashes of paint, it gives the painting a lot of energy.

lil kim said...

oh this is awesome flossy! love the energy and looseness of this. Crouching Tiger is one of my favourite all time movies, you've caught the essence here, well done. x

Regina said...

Excellent! Love those quiet leaps too!

emilayusof said...

Wooo...this is beautifully done! Love the color combinations!

Diane Duda said...

lovely as always, FP!

xo
Di

Diandra Mae said...

I LOVE that movie. I think Hero was even more beautifully done. :) You can definitely feel the movement in her body. Nice job!

Honor said...

No, I LOVE that movie! What a great idea for this week's topic. Nice to see another Aussie at IF! Also, your blog design rocks! ;-)

Sally said...

I think that your speedy sketch was the key to making this drawing come alive. I like the way you have rendered the movement with the paint.
That movie is fantastic!