
This is: "looking out my front door."
I really like the topic of this weeks "this is" meme. Two days from now will mark exactly 6 months since we moved from a tiny terrace house in Sydney to this place. It may have already been six wizzed-by months, but each day I am still completely spun-out by where we now live. Nestled among palm trees, beaches at the end of the road, and bush out the back.
I woke up early yesterday and went to the kitchen to turn on the kettle when I heard strange noises. Just over the back fence the kangaroos had returned, now the babies are growing up and the young males were practicing boxing (hence the grunting noises). They laid around out there for most of the day, dozing in the shade and munching on the grass beneath the birdsong.
It's just so surreal!










15 comments:
WOOOOOWWWWWWW...that looks so idyllic. You are a very lucky lady indeed. That front verandah looks like the perfect place to sit and take in the surroundings. Thanks for your comment on my blog, which has lead me to your lovely blog.
oh look at all the nature that surrounds you!!
i think we are both lucky!!
That is just sooooo beautiful, and you even have green grass (most of us have forgotten what that looks like). It's just so serene and peaceful to look at. Lucky you!
That is amazing. It looks fabulous and what an incredible move from Sydney to this. Kangaroos loose in the side paddock? Very funny!
International visitors will think it's just normal Aussie suburbia. Oh if only they knew!
wow six months already!!!
its looks gorgeous - so relaxing!! great view too!!
Are you missing sydney or is this new area just too peaceful and beautiful?
OMG, that is beautiful. You are so lucky, I would love to wake up and view that scene everyday.
Enjoy the next 6 months as much as you did the first.
Happy Sunday
PS-Your pictures took my breath away when I fist looked at them. Wow
Well, I KNOW that is not a typical scene in your country but holy cow!! it's amazing to think about.
People round here have deer wandering in and making a pain of themselves, but kangaroos. It boggles the north American mind.
A lovely place to share here.
What an amazing place to live, to be surrounded by all of that beauty. You are a lucky lady! Beautiful porch and great pictures! Thanks for sharing!
Oh wow - I think you are living in paradise!!! And that front verandah - it is just gorgeous. I would love to sit out there and read a good book and drink green tea....aahhhhh lovely!
Wow! I have to agree with the comment above, you certainly do appear to have your own little piece of paradise! Kangaroos in your backyard?! So cute!
OH, I am so jealous. I haven't posted my pics yet, but this is probably the exact opposite of what I look at everyday. Kangaroos?? How exotic. I love the photos, you must have really healthy blood pressure, cuz this looks like the most relaxing home ever!
ok, i go for kangaroos! much more than the snakes... ;-)
or was that on tks tks blog?!
oh the wild life. your life is beautiful flossy, thanks for making it part of mine,
susan
Ok Im jealous. Very very jealous. Gorgeous blog - so happy to stumble your way. Happy Holiday's
this is lovely.
Looks like a nice part of the world. thanks for sharing
Kangaroos!!! I know, I know, I'm late on the draw, but I've been sick, again, and I'm just getting back on to the computer and caught up.
Do you ever get to see wombats? I've always wanted to see a wombat.
Post a Comment