flossy-p home

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

teacup tiger

teacup tiger

Waaaaay back in November Anastasia won my 2nd annual Thanksgiving raffle, and this was her prize! She asked if I would paint something for her boys bedroom. She told me they like animals and that she prefers muted colours, and the rest was up to me.... this is what came out.

I'm told they are all very happy with it, and the boys think it's so funny that the tiger is eating a sandwich. :)

Thank-you Anastasia, I hope your boys enjoy their adventure with their new tiger friend!

8 comments:

Jacinta said...

That is such a beautiful painting. And what a lovely result from her 'brief'. Magic.

Manelle said...

this is a very fun illustration. I really like the fun story it's telling.

Anonymous said...

How precious!
it makes me even more keen for next thanksgiving ;0) (just assuming there will be another raffle... no pressure...)

boobook said...

such a beautiful imaginative illustraion!

Anastasia said...

its just fantastic!! we love it and thank you thank you for such a generous giveaway...i should get it back from the framing shop on Saturday - will take some pics once its up on the wall!

Regina said...

Anastasia and her guys are so lucky!!

Sally said...

This is beautiful! Those boys are super lucky. I really like what you did with the tea cup, and the landscape gives this scene so much depth.

Victoria said...

That is just beautiful. I love the look of the tiger's face.