flossy-p home

Sunday, May 11, 2008

mothers day reminders

mum hands
This is: what reminds me of my mum"

This may come out sounding wrong, but the plump-spongy veins in the backs of my hands remind me of my mum. Not in a bad way... My sister was the lucky one who inherited our mum's beautiful shiny soft olive skin, I got my dad's fair dry skin, but I did get those plump veins from my mum. They may not be incredibly beautiful, but I like them, they remind me of my mum. Something I share with her.

Nurses with needles love us.

Happy Mothers Day Mum .xxxxxx.

9 comments:

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

I have veins like that too. And you're right, it makes it so easy when you need a blood test.

Lexi:: PottyMouthMama said...

I have those veins too! I am quite fond of mine too.

Sally said...

That's so great, I love finding features that are similar to family members. My hands are beginning to look older now (thanks to dry skin and eczema), and they totally remind me of my late grandmother.

Bec said...

Putting my hand in the air and saying "me too, me too". I hear awful stories about people needed to have blood taken or drips put in, and nurses not being able to find a vein...eeeekkkk. So glad that's never going to happen to me :)

Geek+Nerd said...

Mmm, this reminds me of my mum too. My mum definitely has the sturdy veiny hands. I did not inherit them from her. Her hands also seem impervious to really hot things, like scalding hot baking dishes from the oven. Kinda freaky actually!

Anastasia said...

id never think to look at hands aS a family resemblance but thinking about it i do have my mum's long fingers...but my dad has long fingers too...

Lindsay said...

I have visible veins like that as well! It's special to share your moms hands. We use our hands for everything, so it's nice to know that you will always think of your mom often.

Lisa [strickerin] said...

I can completely understand that.

mill said...

Med students who aren't used to taking blood or putting cannulas in love your veins more than nurses ;)