flossy-p home

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

my friend has a new shop

Imagine your most perfect job… In the past I mentioned mine would be coming up with the names of house paint colours. But get this for a job…

You work on TV shows and movies. The art director comes to you with concepts of how they want each set to look, while carpenters build the set, you get to go shopping all day, rummaging through second hand shops, auction houses, and negotiating with home wares designers and artists, and of course normal shops too. You get to fill up your van with amazing goods and furniture all on the company account. You return with all this treasure, making sure they fit with the art directors vision for the scene, then you start to “dress” the set. It’s shopping and decorating basically. (Well I say basic, but I’m sure it’s hard work actually).

Pretty amazing hey? Well my very dear friend HAS this job!

Her house quickly fills with the most amazing things. Items she collects for herself along her travels, and stuff that returns to her after a shoot has ended.

Anyway, one of the patterns of this type of work is that often there are gaps inbetween jobs. She’s in one of those gaps at the moment, and has used the time to set up her own ETSY store. It’s quickly filling with all the surplus vintage items she finds and simply can’t leave behind. So she’s sharing them with all of us, (for a very generous cost).

Her shop is called a small ferret, go check it out!

Vics Wares

8 comments:

Hila said...

oh thanks for the link flossy-p! I'll be sure to check out her shop.

CurlyPops said...

How cool would that be for a job!
I'm loving those apple coffee cups!

Victoria said...

She has good stuff. I think "a small ferret" could posibbly be the best shop name ever.

Lexi:: PottyMouthMama said...

I've checked out her shop - some fantastic pieces!!

Hey - I've tagged you, play along if you'd like to!

Unknown said...

Hello! I've just tagged you in a game, in case you'd like to play along it's here :)

Thanks for the shop tip too, very pretty things!

Anastasia said...

Humpty is just too sweet...off to have a look!

.girl ferment. said...

wouldn't that just be a great job!
cute apple mugs.
xx

Teal Chic said...

looks like a great shop!