flossy-p home

Thursday, July 03, 2008

what i'm making this week

SwanI'm a day late for my new "What I'm making this week, holding it up under a lamp to get enough light, Wednesday" meme :)

First week of my own meme and I'm late! Far out, what does that say about me? Maybe just that I've been a good little camper, working hard to get through all my work, and not being distracted by these silly whims.

So this fancy swan is a sneak-peek of my newest work for the exhibition. I'm a bit behind in my quoter for this week. Doesn't earning a living get in the way sometimes? Pfff. Anyway, lots of sketching going on, ready for the weekend. Phew.

11 comments:

Diane Duda said...

very pretty!!!

Chair said...

I love the meme, I'm uploading mine at this very moment. :)

hokey said...

Wow! the swan is beautiful!

laura said...

Beautiful illo! I cannot wait to see all these sneak peeks in full!

Regina said...

I am loving your sneak peaks! Everything looks wonderful. Can't wait to see the full versions.

Jacinta said...

Yes - earning a living DOES get in the way! If only there were more time to do the things we enjoy more often!
Beautiful artwork.

Molly said...

So, so beautiful. xo

Maureen Reynolds said...

That is so beautiful. I love the sideways look in her eye. Is she flirting???

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

That is a beautiful piece!

Nathalanes Place said...

What is this meme? Can I join? How does it work? Who's playing?

flossy-p said...

Hi Nathalie. :) This little meme is something I made up myself as a spoof of Kootoyoo's "On my desk Wednesday" meme (http://kootoyoo.blogspot.com/).

I wasn't spoofing for mean reasons, only that I wanted to join in, but am too disorganised to capture something under my piles of in-progress projects.

So I always left it too late, and then had to hold something up under a lamp late at night to get enough light to take a pic.

Anyway... if you want to join in my chaos, the thing I'm doing is "What I'm making this week, holding it up under a lamp to get enough light, Wednesday" meme. So far Charity (http://thisisnotachair.blogspot.com/) is playing , and me! I'm not sure how long it will continue, or how dedicated we are... but you're VERY welcome to play along.

Let me know if you do, and I'll tell people. :)