flossy-p home

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

do you believe in karma?

Remember the other week when I shared the fact that Nomes was having an awesome giveaway of vintage tea towels? Well it must have been good karma because I WON! But not only that, the very next day I WON AGAIN, over at the lovely Daisy Chain (Barry is packing his bags to come live with me as we speak).

The tea towel arrived today, it's amazing, mint condition, true vintage, smells lovely, and say's "flowering tree of friendship". Sweet! (Sorry for the wrinkles, I was too excited to do any ironing).
CWA Tea Towel
Thank-you so much Nomes :) And for the record, Nomes is hosting another giveaway for a hand painted bookmark right now.

Earlier this month I won those great earrings from Nicole too. I know I know, I can hear you all muttering "Geez Louise, leave some for the rest of us"... fair enough too. But correct me if I'm wrong, I think these may be the first give-away's I've ever won. :D

Even so, it's left me wary of this force of Karma, so, I'm passing it on...


It's been the longest time since I last made something crafty, so the other night I got stuck in to make myself some brooches (I don't wear or use anything I've made myself, and so far still none of my own art on the walls), but it's all about to change...

All Green Brooches

That first green button brooch, and the second felt flower brooch are my new Spring accessories! (Have a closer look here).
So what about those other two green button brooches? Well...


::SPRING BROOCH GIVEAWAY::

They're up for grabs!
GiveAway Brooches

They are covered in the coolest vintage fabric (real vintage too), are about an inch and a half wide, and have a pin back.

Leave a comment here if you'd like to be in the draw. The winners will be selected in some random fashion next Wednesday, 22nd October, in the afternoon.


It's just a little give away, but hopefully it will appease Lady Luck and her comrade Karma, and make two of you rather pleased too.
Remember CurlyPops is keeping an updating list of all the BLOGTOBERFEST giveaways... Man she's gotta get some good karma for that!

38 comments:

CurlyPops said...

Yippee! I'm the first entry. They are gorgeous with a capital G!

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

Me, me! I need one. Absolutely, gotta have. How amazing is that fabric.

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous u got Baz...hope u have a paddling pool as the weather is getting hotter....your brooches are fab too

Megan.K. said...

OOh they look fab! Yes please!

.girl ferment. said...

please count me in.
they are gorgeous green.
(hooray for curlypops too)
xx

Jenny said...

You are certainly on a roll! Maybe you should go and get an easy pick for the Saturday night lottery with all that karma happening! Baz is on his way!

Shellbells said...

that print is adorable...am loving green at the moment...fingers crossed

Geek+Nerd said...

I'm a total sucker for a giveaway :) Count me in!

Rayne said...

These are beautiful! I have the absolute perfect thing for them, too!
And, yes, I totally believe in Karma.

Stacy Kraus McDonald said...

Beautiful! And haven't you been lucky lately? Thanks for paying it forward.

Anonymous said...

Your such a sweety thanks i'm glad you liked them so much. Just one thing none of your work on your own walls? are you mad if i had your talent there wouldnt be a blank wall in the house, lovey your a carzy girl :)

Anonymous said...

You have been tagged lovey come have a look

Liesl said...

They are beautiful! Please count me in too!

Lilli boo said...

your creativity inspires...lovely vintage fabrics too!

Sarah-Jo said...

ooooo they are lovely!

I know what you mean about karma, ive won 5 giveaways in as many months BUT ive only done 4 giveaways in that time so I have one more to do before karma turns her back on me hahaha

good luck to all who enter :)

Miss Muggins said...

I hope some of your luck rubs off onto me! Green is my fave colour and I would love to win one.

Moiface said...

Yay! Let the Karma continue! I would like to be entered into the draw please.

Re said...

congrats on your wins :) hopefully i'll win your draw :)

Anastasia said...

these are cute!!! id love a chance to win too!!

Two Peas In a Pod said...

Lucky duck...I would love to be entered in your karma draw :) I have the best shirt for those brooches :) CHeers Kyla

Sharon said...

Oh they're lovely! Count me in too please!

Danielle said...

Oooh I'd love to be entered in to win a brooch. They are green, grand AND gorgeous :)

Unknown said...

Pick me, pick me!!

Katie said...

OOOh I do believe in Karma, I do believe in Karma. (Maybe the more I say it the more she will shine on me)

Thankyou so much for your lovely comment on my blog too!

xox Katie

Bethel of Bethania said...

G'day Flossy
I'd love to be in your giveaway please ... these are way too cute ... love the Kanga congo ... OOroo ... Bethel of Bethania

Anonymous said...

Hello!
How lucky you can see kangaroos out of your window!
-katie.

Anonymous said...

Just followed a link over from PottyMouthMomma!

That tea towel is perfection. Pure love.

I'm swooping the air to grab some of your karma!
Cheers,
Tracey

LynAnne Smucker said...

Your cat pic. made me smile too. Love the pins.

Naomi said...

Love the brooch(s)! I think I have a tablecloth in sewing cupboard in a similar pattern! :)

Gillian R said...

I'm here via Curlypops and I'm putting my hand up to be in the draw!
Cheers, beautiful brooches btw. :D

sewfunky said...

They're beautiful - I'd love to win!

:)

Kylie said...

Oh beautiful - you have done a great job! Would love to be in the winning for one!

Yoga with Gaileee said...

The one on the left looks like little catapillar eyelashes ;)
yogawithgaileee at gmail dot com

Elizabeth said...

really, really lovely! and green! count me into the drawing - and thanks!

Lexi:: PottyMouthMama said...

All of your brooches are the BOMB! Beautiful.

Meg said...

Please enter me in the drawing, I love green!

Alixandrrraaa said...

oh i love the colours!!!!

Nicole and Andrew said...

Green Green Green im always wearing Green, i lov the first one it looks like eyelashes