flossy-p home

Sunday, June 21, 2009

eye-spy a sign

EyeSpySunday_BttnI had completely lost track of eye-spy again recently. But thanks to a weekend trapped inside due to torrential rain and a great topic from August Street, I'm glad to be back at it again today.

I love funny sign spotting. So I have a few to share:

I took this first photo because it totally sums up our town, (LOADS of older folks flock here to retire). It' not so much the sign itself, more the "display". It cracked me up when I saw it:
Gallery Scooter

The next one is outside the corner store, (chipped and faded), here in our little village. The ad agency must have had a ball with this campaign:
Golden Gaytime
Mmmm, so I've heard. ;)


Meanwhile, back in Sydney, to THE BEST Chinese dumpling place in town...

The menu alone was packed with jems like this:
Bot Pot

The signs on the walls were all excellent too, and on our way out we grabbed one of these menus:
Tate Away

And we had to pose with this brilliant sign on the window. If you look closely you can see all the "corrections" they've made so far... (speciaL, noodel, etc), just haven't made it all the way to Firday yet ;)
Monday-Firday

Before you ask, yes we have both the Engrish and Chinglish books. :D

2 comments:

Jenaveve said...

They're worth gold! I love the funny Engrish ones, but the gaytime takes the cake.

Chrisy said...

Great collection of funny signs here...