See that dog with his paw on his overwhelmed heart? That's exactly how I feel.Out of the blue yesterday a very sweet card arrived from Renee along with a packet of wild-flower seeds. (I have no idea how they wrangled their way past the quarantine beagles! But they look gorgeous.) Completely out of the blue! How nice is that?
Then, next thing I know, the delivery man arrived with a package for me. This one was a complete surprise too.
A new village store tin for my collection!!!!
All the way from Tinniegirl in Melbourne, with a sweet card saying she found this while cleaning out her studio and thought I may like it. Huh! :)

(Here's a pic so she can see where all of her donations are going):

What a week. I won't deny the putrid mood I've been in. Foul is all I'll say. I wrote a big "Wedding Wednesday" post, but didn't publish it... I might do a heavy edit, cheer it up a bit... okay, a LOT... and post it later.
All week I was tugging at wanting to post something reassuring, but I'd get near then do a complete about turn, unable to deal with it. I wanted to thank-you all so much for all of your AMAZING comments for me over my last two posts, but just couldn't bear my own blog.
Then out of the blue these gifts arrive, and I'm given a happy-slap in the face; a big reminder why blogging is so important to me. It's not me writing, or sharing, documenting, marketing, or anything like that. The thing I love most about blogging is the overwhelming feeling of good. The friends I've made, the community I feel part of, and that our little world is absolutely engorged with creativity, sharing, generosity, support and friendship. Where else can you find all that in one place?
I mean I don't know anyone, not really, but that doesn't stop me laughing along, shedding a tear at the sweet posts about your babies and pets, feeling hell shiver through me when one of you is going through a big personal issue, squealing in delight at happy news, and almost... almost buying a plane ticket to fly one of you out from America to photograph our wedding (almost, I didn't do it in time though and missed my chance. But we were serious about the idea). I even report your news to Mr You, like I've been chatting with you on the phone. And he does the same to me when he's beat me to it.
The point is I feel a great, great sense of friendship. And that's why my blog has morphed over the years. That's why I've continued to blog. And realising that I feel SO much better. SO much.
One of the reasons I've have had trouble blogging is that my head is so full of wedding crap, that's practically all I can think about right now. But I'm afraid of my blog turning into a wedding only thing, and that any extra wedding related opinions will snap me. I feel like I'm failing by not illustrating and keeping up with my creative endeavors. I feel like my blog is becoming banal. But you guys are WAY more understanding about it all than some others. So why am I holding back? I should just share, right? Like friends do, without concern of judgement.
I mean it's the internet, what could go wrong? Heh heh.
Anyway, my point is THANK-YOU! Both to Renee and Cathy, and everyone who commented, and even those who didn't but read my posts all the same. I think this reminder will really help me get myself out of this blue.










13 comments:
We come to this blog because we like YOU...just keep being you, however you want to, and we'll keep coming. :)
(BTW...you should consider enabling your email address. Just sayin'. :p )
It is wonderful that your bloggy friends have cheered you up with these thoughful gestures when you need it most.
I have never heard of a 'blog princess' but I wouldn't worry! There are quite a few blogs that I read (like 'Making It Lovely' and 'Soule Mama') where you just know you are not going to get a return email or a comment, as they get 100+ comments a post, but it doesn't bother me and I still comment. Does that make sense? People are still coming to visit your site and commenting whether you can or not. And even if I'm not commenting, I am reading you in google browser. :)
Flossy, don't stress so!
The creative you will still be there to do your wonderful illustrations when the bride-to-be you has had her wonderful special day.
Not to worry.....it will all work out....it always does!
Breath deep, keep smiling and enjoy this special time in your life. You deserve it!
Have a great weekend.
Lois
no, thank you! You are stronger than I am.
Aw, I'm glad you are feeling better... two years ago I was feeling the crazy stress too, you know? Every bride has it, it's so reasonable, and then the day comes and you go through it with grace, because it's THE DAY and even the wrong things are charming, make a story later, but the main thing is this: you married The One. How lucky is that?
Also, with the illustration for me? Why not hold off, make it a Christmas present? I'm fine with that... we are going on a trip for our anniversary and that can be the present. :) I don't want it to be another stressor for you.
I adore Renee's blog and sometimes "wondered" about the people who comment on there. What a sweet and touching gift.
I am glad to come across blog.
Re. the name change, a name is a name but the heart is the same.
Of course you're thinking of wedding stuff - it is all consuming sometimes, isn't it? Don't worry about it! Any one of your married readers totally understand. We've been there sistah!
And yay for warm fuzzies over blogging buddies :) That's the best!
I'm glad to know you...as much as one can be known through blogging. I'm grateful for any part of your life you let me into. I'm happy to have a friend to cheer me on across the world. Keep blogging! Hope the cheery mood stays!
Yes those weddings are all consuming...but just enjoy it...every little minute...like everything it passes so quickly...and so lovely that Renee and Cathy sent just the right things to you this week...those tins look fabulous all lined up together!
I was consumed by my own wedding, I've got to admit. It turned out beautiful, but.. well, I never had grey hair until I planned my wedding.
Thanks for saying happy birthday to Kafka. I missed reading you!
Erin
...and I have a box of little presents for you at my house Flossy!!!! xxx
I am always amazed by the blogging world - it is a truly great place I think. I think blue is such a beautiful colour for an artist so perhaps if you let it out on the canvas there will be less of it inside? Thanks for spending the time to share all the good stuff you have
You blog is never banal.
Of course we want to hear about the wedding. I don't think you even talk about it a lot.
It must be all that is on your mind.
Love you.
xoxoxo
Post a Comment