flossy-p home

Tuesday, September 01, 2009

nie climbs a mountain

Tonight I have spent a few hours catching up on the the past year of the life of Nie.

Nie's family BC 2

Some of you might recall, this time last year, fellow blogger, Stephanie and her husband were in a terrible plane crash. They both survived, though their friend did not, but were both left badly injured and burned, and in coma's. The blogging community banded together and put together fund raising events, and maintained her blog by re-posting their favourite posts of hers from the past.

Miraculously, they are both back now, and have just marked the anniversary of the accident by hiking up a mountain.

Catching up on her blog tonight, I have just been reading of their ordeals; the daily pain and new regimes, constant surgeries, her heartbreak for their children, having to leave their beloved home, and her battles to feel right in the world again. Yet, they both remain optimistic, humorous, and incredibly in love. I've been dabbing at tears as I read their stories, but it was this one that left me in a blubbering heap...

Chickie

If you have a couple of boxes of tissues handy, and a spare few hours, I highly recommend re-acquainting yourself with NieNie.
I feel grounded, incredibly grateful, and truly inspired by their story.
It's a damn good reminder to hug everyone you love.

Nie's family back

Much love, and healing to you Nie! .xx.

(Photo's by Wendy Whitacre)

4 comments:

Chrisy said...

Nie keeps me grounded when I get carried away with things that don't matter....

Kat said...

Nie is an inspiration to us all! I recently caught up on her blog posts and have since added her to my reading list each day. She reminds me that life is a gift and we should treasure every moment.

laura said...

Oh yes, I have been following her blog as well as one of her sister's blog closely since last summer after the accident. I definitely gushed more than a few tears while keeping posted about the Nielson's condition, and the trials their family has gone through too.

This is her sister's blog, in case you don't have the link: http://blog.cjanerun.com/

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

I've never heard of this blog. Can't do boxes of tissues and sad stories just at the minute but someday soon I'll take a look.