I won't ask how you are, because I know. I know you are wonderful beyond words! Bringing glee and near hysteria to myself and Eve, my market companion, for the 3 whole hours we were with you! The degree of anticipation, pure delight and satisfaction you gave us was reminiscent of 8 year old versions of ourselves upon Christmas morning.
Yes, it is true that there were hundreds and hundreds of other people to squeeze through, but since everyone was in the same "happy place", and what we saw was so good, it was ALL WORTH IT.
My only complaint is that everything you offer was SO good, my lack of money became a real issue. It didn't stop me from partaking in some of your loveliness mind you, but it did hurt very badly not to be able to buy more.
Very. Badly. Indeed.
One of the great joys of the evening was finally meeting my long time blog-buddy Emma Kidd of Benconservato fame. I saw her and was so shy and nervous about meeting her my heartbeat tripled in tempo, I broke into a light sweat and I blushed badly while talking to her. But I DID talk to her, and she was SO nice, friendly and candid. Her stall looked amazing, with what looked like hundreds of unique works on display.

Image from Emma's blog
And guess what?! She GAVE ME a copy of her brand new colouring book, Monsters Behaving Badly!!!! It's is SO SO great!


Something funny happened too. I snuck away from my friend Eve, back to Emma's stall, to buy Eve a thank-you-for-having-me gift; a little gocco print that she was eyeing off earlier. It was only a few days later when we surprised each other with a gift from the markets did I realise she had pulled swifty on me too, sneaking off during the evening to buy me this amazing Bonnie Poplar brooch!!! She out-sneaked me! Clever, trixy lovely friend!

I also bought this sweet card by Renee Seaman:

I would have loved the full sized print, but this was early in the evening when I was still fooling myself into thinking I could "budget". Pfff!
A set of pillowcases came home with me too. I can't show you yet because they are a Christmas present for me (from Mr You... I think, I hope, I'm still working on that part of the plan). Let me just say I handed over the remainder of my food money in exchange for them. And while I realise this is seriously irresponsible spending, all I can say is that I would have cried for 9 days straight if I had left without them. It seemed only right.
Eve did even better than me. She bought herself and her friend each a porcelain pendant necklace, a cool t-shirt for her man, a beautiful cushion by Kristen Doran (who incidentally was very friendly), and my brooch! (Was there something else I'm forgetting?)
We both could have bought much much more, it was all so love-worthy. I could go on and on...
So there you go Dear Finders Keepers, my love for you is undeniable, you are my favourite!
Lots of love,
flossy-p .xx.
P.S. Catkin and Teasel has more to say plus lots of excellent photo's.










7 comments:
Dear Finders Keepers,
You are too good to be true. Please come and visit us here at the Gold Coast. I want gorgeous brooches and lovely cards and and and, well, I could just come for a look and then save up my pennies.
:)
OH My God!!! ITis worth the trip to sydney. Personally I think you showed incredible restraint!
I love that brooch!!!
Christina, Finders Keepers is now in Brisbane too. You'll have to go to the next one. Start saving now!
Chooky, you would have exploded!
Oh it sounds so super fun. Glad it all went well, and I am sure all that hard earned cash went to really lovely people.
looks like you scored! I got quite a few goodies at the finders keepers here a month or so ago - so many great things in one place and not enough money - oh i'm hearing you!!!
Flossy P it all sounds fantastic.
I had a certain scarf around my neck while visiting with Santa yesterday.
xoxoxo
i got to meet Emma too! she's lovely ...it was a fun market, i spent big too!
Post a Comment