
This month things got easier. Life with Millipede became all sorts of fun.
Now he's entertainable! We've always read books and sung him songs, but now he smiles to let you know he's enjoying it. I took him shopping for a new toy, waving a selection in front of him one by one, and there was a clear winner (a suspicious looking stick-shaped red elephant, we like to call Saveloy), he selected it by himself, with nothing more than a giant smile.

I marvel that life with Millipede has changed; as a newborn his default setting was crying (to be fed, sleep, pain), but suddenly it has shifted so dramatically that his default setting (for want of a better phrase) is smiley. And it's made a huge difference. Now we know he's having fun too!
That's not all that's changed. For some ungodknown reason I've started referring to myself in the third person as "mummy". Why does this happen?!
I sing everything as though I'm in a musical. We have songs for everything; walking around the house, getting dressed, his beautiful face, his nicknames, even pushing poo's through!!!
And when I'm not narrating our day through song, I find myself singing adult songs with the word 'baby' in them.
It's a strange and wonderful life, this life with our boy...
Our boy who receives compliments about his blue eyes, and who's eyelashes are often likened to Mr Snuffleupagus's.

Our boy who talks and talks. Obviously he doesn't understand language yet, thinking when we're speaking to each other it's merely a sequence of random sounds rather than words. And in this understanding he joins in with great gusto. When we return home from a day out he "retells" his day to Mr You with such conviction.
He has started repeating sounds, saying what sounds like "How good", to which we have many replies; very good thanks, super, not so good right now... and I overheard Mr You reply "over the moon" the other day. :)

He drools alot, spends much of his day battling between grabbing at his knees and feet (both new discoveries), or stuffing his whole fists in his mouth. He pokes his tongue out a little when concentrating, and makes a quiet num-num-num noise, like a little engine, when he's feeding.
MAN, we though he was cute before, but now... well quite frankly the cuteness is rediculous!
And of all his expressions, we often wonder if it's bad that the one we find cutest, the one that cracks us up and makes us melt the most is this one:

The one with the big bottom lip, that threatens imminent tears.
But perhaps my favourite thing about this month is that when I pick you up now, you wrap your little arms around me.










11 comments:
Stop it! He really is too cute! Such cuteness shouldn't be allowed! ; ) Your photos are just beautiful.
Oh yeah, that's cuteness. I got me a fresh one too - just a month older than yours and I agree, the bottom lip look is by far the best (but only for that split second before eruption). Congrats on brewing a beauty. As a second timer this time, I guess I'm more aware of what comes next. Reading your blog updates takes me back to that thrill of the first born - when you thought other people's babies were, you know, other people's babies and then suddenly you get your own and you realise how much life changes and you find out you had pools of love you never ever knew you had.
This was a beautiful post. I loved reading about all your experiences with him and all the changes he has gone through. Amazing how fast they learn and grow, right? Thank you for sharing pics, he is a handsome little boy!
He's so so precious! Those eyes! Eeeeeeeep!
Whatta cutie : )
The cuteness is ridiculous!
I love your pictures and hearing how you are growing into a wonderful little family unit. I love seeing how much you enjoy him and love being a mama. So beautiful!
Oh he's just adorable!
So much of that brought back memories. I'm now really trying to get out of the habit of talking about myself in the third person (and this mummy has now been a mummy for almost 2 years), and still live life in a musical some days.
Enjoy!
Gorgeous post Flossy! The photos are (well, in fact he is) gorgeous. Good times.
xxx
He is such a darling andvwhatva lovely mum and dad he has:)
aw, he's adorable!
You have to go unique with boys clothes as it's a bit of a different world to girls - not as much vintage available, and seemingly not as wide a colour range. You've done so well - but he's done all the cute faces!
bxx
Really helpful data, lots of thanks for the post.
sildenafil australia | weight loss pills | sildenafil online
Post a Comment