flossy-p home

Tuesday, June 07, 2011

making australia happy

Happy indeed...

A little over an hour ago, whilst I was selecting a shopping trolley and assessing if Millipede had it in him to make it around the supermarket without losing it half way, I was given a bunch of flowers by a complete stranger!

A kind-faced woman approached me, and asked if she could give me the flowers she was holding.
I said yes.
She said, "Good, I would like you to have them."
I asked what the occasion was.

She told me she is doing a ten week course called Making Australia Happy, in which, among many other things, her homework is to give a gift to a complete stranger.

We chatted some more, I smiled and accepted the flowers, she complemented my baby, I gave her a hug.

Millipede smiled and did quiet little shrieks of joy throughout the whole time we shopped. Both of us swimming in the good vibes.

N i c e D a y.

5 comments:

Kat said...

What a lovely gesture! When we were in Ireland we were stopped and given a box of ferrero rocher by a guy who was doing a thing called Dublin Ambassador. It was all about making tourists feel welcome in Dublin.

Katrina Jackson said...

I'm so glad she gave you a bunch of flowers and therefore inspired you to tell us about it. A kind gesture made better by the fact that I was thinking of you today...wondering how you are and then I stumbled on this post you had written. Lovely to hear from you. Hope your happy days continue!

Aether-art said...

That's so lovely! What a great story - just you telling it has increased my happiness quotient for the day!

Anna Lloyd said...

There are some lovely people in the world. :)

I hope all is going well with the Millipede and your little family.

Regina said...

That is a beautiful happy vibe to be given. Hope you and millipede are doing well!!