flossy-p home

Saturday, April 30, 2011

two months

(FORWARD: This post is from two and a half weeks ago, only now have I have a chance to finish posting it.)


Dearest Millipede,

This month you have really come alive. You are alert, strong and still growing at a surprising pace. You've started flashing the most infectious smiles which melt us, and now you even chat along with your cute new words; "ah-goo" and "ah-woooo" (just like a little wolf).

Your eyes are still that amazing dark blue colour, but this month you've started losing your thick dark hair. You now have anti-sideburns, but still lots of hair up on top, and, as a little boy at the shops pointed out the other day, "it all sticks up".

Millipede_2mnths

This month we worked out what was making your tummy so sore, so now you don't hurt so much. Phew! And you are still a very good eater, which was an excellent help during my two cases of mastitis this month. Not nice for either of us, but together we all pulled through.

You've started developing a love for things. You love books, we read them together every morning. I've told people this before, and they thought I was joking, but when Grandma came to stay the other week, she noticed the same thing. You do indeed love books.

You also love "Eyesy", your ChunkyChooky rattle. Eyesy gets a smile every time you have your nappy changed. He has such lovely big friendly contrasting eyes, and this very morning I witnessed you grab Eyesy for the very first time. Grabbing is a brand new skill!
Although, Eyesy needs to go into hiding during the night, otherwise if you catch so much as a glance at him, you're instantly wide awake and chatting away to him as though you've both got so much to catch up on.

Eyesy

You love when your Daddy plays guitar for you. Mostly though, you love pictures. You love love love looking at all the pictures on the walls. From a very young age you would crane your head around after a feed to fixate on the wall of pictures. Now you've started noticing the pictures in all the other rooms too, and as we walk through you flick your head about trying to see them all.

Today you were in a cranky mood, nothing was soothing you. So we packed you up and took you off to an annual art show in town. Pictures!!! More than you'd ever seen before! You became calm and mesmerized the whole time. We hope you hold onto this art-love as you grow. :)

MWearsShoesWe've noticed you also enjoy being outside more than inside. You seem to get bored and cooped up if we spend all day inside at home. I find this so strange and curious for someone so new to the world.

You've grown to love bath time too; kicking your little legs like a frog, and tipping your head back into the water, swishing it from side to side making your soft hair float about like river moss. We can't wait to take you swimming.

Mind you, you hate being dressed, which un-does all the relaxation of bath time. You also have evolved to hate sleeping during the day. You outright refuse to do it, despite how tired and cranky you get. This has been a bit of a shock for me, and I struggle to find things to do with you all day long. Thankfully you are a champion night time sleeper, for which we are enormously grateful.

Keep it up little guy.
All my love .xx.

Shoes

13 comments:

Katrina Jackson said...

Hello little millipede! Nice to learn a little more about you! Sounds like you're doing a good job enjoying your little bean, mama. :)

Aether-art said...

Soo gorgeous Flossy! You sure do breed 'em cute! Lovely to get an update on your art-loving, book-loving, musical boy. If he continues like this he is sure going to be a hit with the ladies in the future for sure! ; ) You are a wonderful mum!

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

Oh Love!!!!! love love love!!!!!!!!!! ooooooohhh, so gorgeous!!!!I am so glad!!!! you have made my day, week, year!!!!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxoxooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooxxxxxxxxoooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Sarah Knight said...

Adorable : )

Susan Schwake said...

YOU two have made the perfect baby! WHAT a sweetie pie! I am very very late to the party and feel shameful.

He is completely lovely. I am thrilled to tears!!

watch the slow boat mail from me...
much much much love and happiness all around.

xoxoxoxox
susan

Geek+Nerd said...

SO BEAUTIFUL! The eyes! The cheeks! The little baby sneaks! AHHHHH! So much love to all of you!

Chrisy said...

Very much enjoyed reading about your precious one...all his likes and dislikes...this is a beautiful post...congrats on actually getting it posted...can't imagine being able to do it when mine were babies...take care of yourself
ps verrrry pleased for you that he's a good nighttime sleeper...and sorry you've had to go thru that horrid mastitis...

Anastasia said...

he's adorable!! love his little face and that concentrated stare...a great post!!
ohhh babies!! making me clucky all over again!!

Jenny said...

What a darling adorable soul:)

Allison said...

Oh Flossy! He is so wonderful! Ada has been kissing him on the computer screen - she is enamored too.

Best wishes Mama!

P.S. Isn't mastitis the absolute worst? I've only had it like 200 times. With Ada I discovered that if I take vitamin C supplements it seems to prevent it.

Cindy said...

It may of tken 2.5 weeks to publish, but it took nearly that long for me to get back to comment, so we are even! He is gorgeous, and I hope you are having a great time together

Anna Lloyd said...

What a cutie! My little Zo has sticky up hair too (like I did). And she's a night sleeper but not much of a day sleeper. I hope you don't get any more mastitis, poor you!

Flotsam Friends said...

Yes, well done millipede! Gorgeous eyes. Keep being kind to your Mummy! She rocks.

P.S. I hope you don't mind that I posted about you and your artwork. I adore it!! I linked it back to lalaland so that people could see all your work and buy some of it! Kindest, Pruxxx

http://flotsamfriends.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-heart-flossy-p.html