Last week we left off half way through the dress show, with a leaning towards white. And here we shall pick up...
White wedding dresses! Holy Cow!!!! Now this IS getting serious!
I must say it still all feels mighty foreign to me. I still just can't imagine myself wearing anything quite so fancy, and lady like, and traditional, and did I mention fancy? It all feels really odd actually. But I'm trusting everyone's advice, to go try stuff on and that "I'll know it" when it's the right one. Who knows what I'll end up with?
In preparation I've been collecting pictures of dresses that take my fancy. Not all of them I can imagine myself wearing, but in the pictures of them draped over the bodies of models, I think they're real pretty.
I thought I should reserve judgement a bit to not spoil the final surprise for Mr You (a daily flossy blog loyalist)... But in reality I have no idea myself, so there's not too much to spoil just yet anyhow. But I'll err on the side of caution in any case.
Here we go...
There's traditional full length dresses:
(Source: Lela Rose, Pricilla, Giambattista Vallis, Lela Rose, A real bride from a site I've forgotten)
Or cute short dresses:
(Source: Not noted, Fleur Wood, Posh Girl Vintage, Nordstrom)
And there's the designer ones I'll never be able to afford in a hundred years:
(Source: Collette Dinnigan, Gwendolynne Burkin, Collette Dinnigan)
I've recently realised there's a pattern emerging, I'm drawn to amazing, unusual fabrics:
(Source: Lela Rose, Rosa Clara, Cover pic from Brides Chicago magazine, Another real bride from a site I've forgotten)
I'm having wild fantasies of cotton lace and fabric:
(Source: Lela Rose, Another real bride from a site I've forgotten, J Crew)
Did you know there's a designer called The Cotton Bride? And it just happens to be the International Year of Natural Fibres. Hmmm food for thought.

4 comments:
gulp... seems all this white was a little too much for everyone to deal with after all.
I've been looking for this site for ages for you, because I think you might dig it (maybe you already know it?): http://snippetandink.blogspot.com/
lots of gorgeous weddings on all sorts of budgets. Incredible. xxx
Bahaha, I love all the white, soooo much prettiness.. I can't wait to see what you choose. x
You know, I never got to go wedding dress shopping. It was just one of those unspoken things--my mother would make my dress (ooooh, I think it would have been bad if I didn't let her!). So I did a lot of online looking... it's nice to online look. :)
Post a Comment