I want it! I need it! I must have it! It’s mine, aaaalll mine. Yes, yes, come to me my precious. Exxxxcellent. Huh? Wha!? I can’t afford that! I’ll spend MORE. Waaaait! That’s not fair! It’s just not fair! Hang on! Damn it! Shit! I can’t stand this!
I hate ebay!
Mr You chuckles at me when I use language and chuck a tantrum worthy of a spoilt bratty 6 year old. He’s a veteran when it comes to ebay, but I’m a not so sparkling newby. Let’s just say I’m having a rough period of adjustment. I’m use to the theory that if you see something you like (usually in a shop), you can have it, if you can pay for it and manage to get to it before anyone else. Ebay is shopping, but not as I know it.
I’m trying to build up my profile with lots of AAAAAA+ style feedback, but to do this you have to buy stuff, and there’s the hitch. I don’t want to just buy any old thing, just for the sake of it, I’m looking for things I would actually like to own. Finding cool things is easy, in fact I find things that are absolutely perfect – things I need – things I can’t do without, but I just can’t seem to clinch the deal. I try. I bid and watch and outbid, I check the currency converters, and push the budget, and then inevitably loose every single time. I just can’t stand it.
It’s turning me into a greedy, selfish, bad tempered, obsessed consumer. I don’t need those things. I’d like them, but I’ve got more than enough as it is. I’m fortunate and surrounded by lots of pretty things, and accumulating more stuff is not where I should be focussing my attention. No More. That’s it! I’m putting my foot down. No More I say.
But…
Have you seen this?
And This?
And these?
Oooh, I’ve got to get one of these lenses…
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










No comments:
Post a Comment