flossy-p home

Thursday, November 17, 2005

demons and foibles

Strength
My Illustration Friday entry for 'strength'.

Facing your demons and foibles takes courage. But staying to deal with them takes strength and determination. Then knowing whether to slay them or offer them support and nurturing is a whole other thing altogether.

12 comments:

Queen Tut said...

Wonderful illo! It is very moving and I love all the contrasting feelings it evokes.

carla said...

What a fine painting! I see this as a rite of passage illustration...she seems poised between childhood and adulthood. Or...perhaps trying to face demons from childhood. Wahtever...this is just great. It really drew me in...love the contrast between the figure and the sankey thingies!

Jules said...

Nicely thought out painting and concept - well except for the creepy snakes. The blindfolded one is particularly menacing but her shoes will help her stare him down!

Jim said...

Very Nice! I really like the colors.

valerie walsh said...

well done!

Anonymous said...

This illustration really caught my attention and made me take a closer look. Interesting idea...the knife and the teddy bear. Let's hope the bear works!

Anonymous said...

Nice thoughtful illustration on the theme. Lovely painting!

Todd DeWolf said...

I love this whole thing. Well done.

Tony Sarrecchia said...

Wow. There is a lot going on here. Great job!

isay said...

very symbolic. i admire her guts! this is another beautiful illustration. i like the texture.

maria antunes said...

I love the colors. Great illo. :-)

Uta Ritke said...

Wonderful illo. Awesome!