Hi Flossy Just wanted to say that this looks like a really great illustration and that it's very nice to find your work on illustration Friday. Love the waves and the colour combinatons are very good. Nice sense of movement and charm.
Islandarts, i don't know (blush). My paper comes from a book of Arches paper, medium texture, 300gsm. That's all it says, nothing about pressing. I even went to this excellent site to research ( http://handprint.com/HP/WCL/ ), but I can't work it out. Maybe it's moulded, eeek.
I only just got a set of professional quality paints and brushes yesterday (this is the first painting with them). I'll have to look into good papers next. One step at a time ;)
you have such a great way of infusing your work with detail and interest and a sense of humor, yet it's always balanced and unfussy. the white lacy foam is a beautiful contrast with the boat and sea.
Whoa, beautiful work, can feel the danger from that big wind, storm is churning and I don't know if the sole occupant of this boat will survive it, she looks frightened. Real energy and thrills here!
Thanks for your encouraging words on my blog! This is a great illustration. I love the colors and the diagonal movement of the composition. I also like the start white crest of the waves contrasted with the blue of the water. It reminds me of Japanese artwork. Keep up the good work!
I love your deep rich tones that you achieve with the watercolor. You also have a nice way of laying out the page. Browsing through your work I was really impressed.
It´s always interesting how you use frame and space. You conquer the paper with your drawings :) Another thing I really like is how you use colors. You don´t seem to follow current trends but take what goes with the theme, in this case rich and bold, so that your illustrations really stand out. (Still want that sailor´s shir, btw ;))
At the tender age of 9, a wild scottish woman (a friend of my parents'), convinced me, without a hint of a doubt that my name was Alice Flossy Pumpernickel.
more...
28 comments:
I love the perspective on this!
Hi Flossy
Just wanted to say that this looks like a really great illustration and that it's very nice to find your work on illustration Friday. Love the waves and the colour combinatons are very good. Nice sense of movement and charm.
Tom Byrne
This is such a beautiful illo.
You have amazing work.
Hi Flossy,
I painted a boat also for illo Friday!It's on my car!
Your illo is great!
Have a nice day!
Wow, fantastic illustration. Great detail, colour and perspective.
Another fave! What type of Paper do you use? Hot press or cold press?
Beautiful work! Would love to see it in a children's book! How wonderful!
thanks everyone :)
Islandarts, i don't know (blush). My paper comes from a book of Arches paper, medium texture, 300gsm. That's all it says, nothing about pressing. I even went to this excellent site to research ( http://handprint.com/HP/WCL/ ), but I can't work it out. Maybe it's moulded, eeek.
I only just got a set of professional quality paints and brushes yesterday (this is the first painting with them). I'll have to look into good papers next. One step at a time ;)
Beautiful work, Flossyp!!! Love it! I love the waves!
o my, i just *love* your style!
and i'm totally smitten with your smitten illustration!!
you have such a great way of infusing your work with detail and interest and a sense of humor, yet it's always balanced and unfussy. the white lacy foam is a beautiful contrast with the boat and sea.
Beautiful illustration. I especially like your wash technique.
Super nice illo.
I love the waves and the colors and the perspective!
Love this. Love the green you chose for the boat.
Amazing illustration! Just beautiful!
Great illustration!
lovely colours! I'm not sure how to explain it, but the illustration looks both very dynamic and very clean and neat at the same time.
Whoa, beautiful work, can feel the danger from that big wind, storm is churning and I don't know if the sole occupant of this boat will survive it, she looks frightened. Real energy and thrills here!
great lookin illo love the view point of the boat u used
Its beautiful! I love the colours you've used and the shading especially the sea.
Wond-Der-Full! I love the mermaid touch....and geez did I model those thighs?
Lori
Wow! I love this piece! Great point of view and the way you rendered the water is fantastic. So beautiful :)
Thanks for your encouraging words on my blog! This is a great illustration. I love the colors and the diagonal movement of the composition. I also like the start white crest of the waves contrasted with the blue of the water. It reminds me of Japanese artwork. Keep up the good work!
I love your deep rich tones that you achieve with the watercolor. You also have a nice way of laying out the page. Browsing through your work I was really impressed.
your work has force and pretty colors.
Love the powerful sea in this piece!
Saludos :)
It´s always interesting how you use frame and space. You conquer the paper with your drawings :) Another thing I really like is how you use colors. You don´t seem to follow current trends but take what goes with the theme, in this case rich and bold, so that your illustrations really stand out. (Still want that sailor´s shir, btw ;))
Post a Comment