flossy-p home

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

camellia

Camellia
Camellia

Another one for the show. Our neighbour has a little camellia tree in his back garden that hangs over into ours. It really makes our yard look so much nicer, and I can see the tops of the leaves and flowers out the window as I shower each morning. I've always loved it, and have been intending to paint or draw it one day. So here it is.

This one is another one about connecting with nature and getting back to basics (as all those crafters and knitters out there seem to be doing). Feeling more intune with the natural flow of things and contributing back in small ways. Living harmoniously and creatively.

I've always claimed I'm no hippy... but I'm starting to sound more and more like one, hehe. (I'll have you know I use deodorant - every day.) Anyway, it's important to all of us.

This blew me away when I read about how Creative Kismet has had their family car converted to run on vegetable oil!
What a champion! Inspiring!

7 comments:

Allison said...

this is so lovely! that perfect shade of yellow has me swooning***

Anonymous said...

so beautiful! Someday, when you're not quite so busy I'll have to have you paint me something. :) You are so talented and I appreciate you inspiring me every day.

Anonymous said...

I love the fluidity of this image. It really shows a sense of connectedness. I love it.

Cat said...

Oooh...I really, really, really love this one. The colors are a delight and the message just as sweet. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

This is very lovely.
The new muted colour pallet you are using is really nice.

Diane Duda said...

love her "flowing" dress so much!

Regina said...

I'm so excited that your beautiful artwork will be featured at Artstream. So wonderful! I especially love this one. It's a wonderful thing to feel connected to nature.

I think we need to come up with a new name for people like us who care for the earth and what's happening. Hippy doesn't work for me. I use deodorant too! Ha ha!

Thanks for the kind words regarding our veggie car. It's a fabulous feeling being able to drive around, not contributing to the mess. I've also been trying hard to keep up with the Australian happenings. So, awesome to cut out incandescent light bulbs. I wish the US would follow suit!
Take care!!