The first of the ATCs from our swap last week arrived yesterday, and it somehow managed to arrive safe, dry, and without a drop of rain on it through all this hideous weather we've been having. It's from Sara from toilet roll art, and it it just lovely. The scan doesn't do it justice really, the colours are fresh and the foil bits set it off a treat I tell you. Thank-you Sara. In the envelope were some other little treats too, including my very own logo!
Actually I had a nightmare the other night about this swap. You know how when you do a swap, you often get those super generous partners who will put all sorts of extra bits and pieces in the package? Well, I've been so busy that my ATCs were sent as is, no fancy extra's; not a button, not a ribbon, not a sticker, nothin' (sorry guys). Anyway I've obviously been harouring deep guilt about this in my subconscious ever since, beacuse the other night I dreamed that all the swapped ATCs started arriving with some serious bonus prizes! Each and every one had extra gifts inside, and they were big. There was food, and knitted things, and bags and the biggest one was hand painted screens; you know those old fashion free standing changing screens, (3 large panels held together with hinges), yeah anyway there were 2 of those. In the dream I looked across my mountain of goodies and felt so so so guilty.
Moral of the story: if you're like me and sent the ATC on it's own, I thank-you for easing my guilt.
(Oh, and if you have sent extra bits... thank-you!)










4 comments:
So glad you liked it!
That is just the reason I've haven't signed up for a swap yet! Even yours...though I so wanted to.
Sara's look great!
The ATCs look fantastic. Don't feel bad, I didn't know you were supposed to send extra bits along with. Now I have guilt for my past transgressions.
Flossy I just got your ATC yesterday and felt a rush of my own guilt that I hadn't created ANYTHING for you yet!!!
So I understand your guilt...
I'm working on my swap today, you should get it sometime in the next month or so!!
Thanks again, the card is SOOOOO much MORE charming in person than it appeared on my perfectly calibrated monitor- once again, and inspiration and I'm so happy to finally own an orignal flossy-Piece!
Post a Comment