flossy-p home

Sunday, June 24, 2007

winter wonderdress

Now I work from home I don’t get out during the day too often. I mean I’ll pop down to the post office, or grocery store, or to a café, or even meet up with a friend in a park to soak in some sunshine, but because I don’t have a steady income anymore I try to steer clear of the shops… the temptation. But last week I had to go pick up some art supplies and I was left on my own around many shops for just a little bit too long.

Wearable IllustrationOh dear, I don’t often go on about clothes; I think the last time was about a year ago with the guitar shirt, but let me introduce you to my new dress. It’s Winter here, so this little snowy number stole my heart. It is illustrated you see. Look at all those critters! Wolves, polar bears, seals, walruses, and a goose I think. I just love it, and can’t wait to wear it somewhere (that’s the downside of being at home all day, there’s never any need to get changed out of my jeans).

After that I had a teensy case of buyers glee and went right ahead and kept on buying… I managed to happen across the Society of Illustrators Annual (a satisfyingly fat book), and the art store was out of what I needed but rather than leaving empty handed I went right on a bought BIG paper instead. Eeek. I know that doesn’t sound too naughty (a dress, a book and some paper), but these days that’s a huge shopping spree for me.

Anyway, back to the dress... On top of being fascinated by all the critters, I’m looking forward to being able to simply glance down at my lap or along my arm at them all, hence keeping myself amused during boring moments. I’m also acutely aware that this is the kind of thing my future children will discover a photograph of me wearing a decade or two from now, and laugh heartily and humiliated at how on earth I could find any such creation worthy of wearing out in public. :D

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man! That is a seriously beautiful dress.....

Anonymous said...

I love your dress! And you are so funny, flossy, that last sentence gave me the chuckles!

Allison said...

so if you were a little bit taller, and i were a little bit shorter, and there wasn't a million miles of land and water between us, we could totally raid each other's closets.

flossy-p said...

yes, totally ;)

Rayne said...

This is a fantastic dress! It's artwork to wear.
I'm like you, if I come home with new paper, a new book, and possibly a really cool pen, I feel like I've been on a total spree. Throw in a new dress on top of it and I'm a gleeful camper.

Leah said...

what a sweet dress! and a great find. love it!!

Danielle said...

I Want That Dress.