flossy-p home

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

bag o birds

Bird Bag

I am still mind numbingly busy, but I did set aside all day Saturday to make this bag for my friend for her birthday. Her party was that night, so I was cutting it just a little fine, but all went swimmingly and the bag turned out great. So great, I wished I'd made one for myself. I never do that. I never make anything for myself. One day...

You know, I'm not sure if she liked it. She didn't open any gifts at the party, so I got a phone call the next day to thank me. It was kind of hard to tell if she actually liked it. I hope she did, or at least I hope it grows on her. I wonder if she knows I made it?
(I didn't get a good photo of it, but the lining was brown satin with white polka-dots, and 2 pockets).

Anyway, during the day of sewing I realised that it must be about 6 months since the last day I sat and sewed all day. I can't believe it. Time really does vanish you know. Anyway, I had a really great day, I loved sewing all day long, and wish I could find a chance to do it more often. Maybe next time it will be a bag for myself.

5 comments:

vanessa said...

it's absolutely lovely!!!

Anonymous said...

If she doesn't want it, I'll gladly take it off your hands. It's seriously adorable! I especially love the little button on the front.

I can relate to the idea of never making things for yourself. Somehow other deadlines always come up, and those nice curtains I had planned on making myself just sit in my closet as an uncut roll of fabric. Funny how it works out.

Danielle said...

Okay.

I am so inviting you to my birthday party!!

Anonymous said...

o my gosh! it's so adorable! i would have been floored by it. my birthday is in two weeks! haha. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Good lord. If she doesn't like it she's a complete nutbar. I love that bag! I would buy one right now. That fabric is amazing.