Yay! Another ATC swap package arrived this week. This one is from Regina over at Creative Kismet, who somehow managed to get this adorable package out in the midst of moving house. Regina wrote to me after a few attempts at ATCs (none of which she liked) and cleverly distracted me with the offer to swap some other type of her craft instead. I've always admired these "flip off" earrings in her store, and without me knowing she included one of her awsome neck-tie purses as well. And I think the card the earrings came on passes as an ATC anyway, so this package was super generous!Regina is a nurse (I think), and gets these colourful "flip-off" discs off the tops of medicine vials. They are hillarious! Kind of offensive, but in a sweet, pink, pretty and unsuspecting fashion, hehehehehe. They crack me up! I love them, Thanks Regina!!!
Receiving this definitely helped to lift my spirits this week. I spent the most part of the week cooped up in the front room, trapping the cat, her litter, food, and half the furniture from the rest of the house in there with us (not to mention trying to get through piles of work). Our house is now in full swing of being sold, and last week a painter came through to paint the internal walls. Next week we've got photographers coming through, and then the open house inspections begin twice a week for the next month. It's all what it is, and needs to be done, but the fact is that it's not our house. We have to do all of this stuff and we're only the tennants. The owners of the house can remain in their nice untouched house, while we have to turn our house up-side-down to comply with their needs. But that's what you get for renting I suppose. It's just sad because the house we are in now is SO charming.
Mr You and I went searching for another house yesterday, and in the past 2 years the rents in Sydney have gone through the roof. To get a similar place to what we are in now, we will need to pay over $400 a week! And the done thing now is to make a bid to pay more rent that what's advertised, just so that you can get a place. We looked at some places yesterday which cost about the same as what we are paying now, and I'm surprised we didn't drop through the floor. They were, how shall I put it?... rotting! Quite literally. Back steps cracked off the house entirely, giant cracks in the supporting walls, mouldy walls, dropped floorboards. It's rediculous.
Next weekend when we go looking at these hovels I'll be wearing a sweet grin, and swinging cute pink "flip-offs" about those decaying rooms. Then they'll know what I'm really thinking! :D
(I feel like I've got a secret weapon, hehehe)










6 comments:
I am confused...why is the house being sold if you had to rent? Also, it is very peculiar that you have to be in charge (and pay?) for all the renovations. The fact that it has to be sold before you move is kind of strange too. Can you not just leave at the end of the lease?
I apologize for my ignorance about how it's done in Australia. It just all seems so bizarre to me seeing how it seems to be much different in Canada.
Oh no Laura, we didn't have to pay for all the renovations, we just had to live in the house while they were going on. No basically, we rent a house, the owners of the house have decided to sell it, and we've been given 2 months notice. 1 month in the lead up to when the house is sold via auction, and then we're allowed to stay for another month after the date of the sale. We could move out before hand, but I don't think we will, unless we find another place that's completely unpassable.
We did have a lease but it has just run out. So really we're quite lucky they're letting us stay for as long as they are. It would be soooo bad if they only gave us 2 weeks to get out. But I guess they know we're good tennants, and they want to keep getting rent from us as long as they can.
YAY!! I'm so happy you received your package. I received yours as well and I love my Olive! Did I already tell you this? I'm so exhausted I don't know if I'm coming or going. Anyway, I'm glad you like your earrings and hope that they will be coming in handy while you search for unreasonably priced new place. I can't imagine having to go through all THAT for someone elses sale! I hope it passes quickly and that you find a fabulous new place!!
Oh, you poor thing! What a mess to live in! I hope you find an adorably cute, underpriced house to move into soon. At least you can sport those adorable earrings in the meantime. Those would make me feel better! Take Care!
These are really cute earrings, and a creative & practical use for otherwise discarded bottle tops!
sweet earrings from regina! but i am so sorry to hear what a mess you have to live in. that cant be good. wishing you the best in finding a better home. keep me abreast of your addy changes!
Post a Comment