flossy-p home

Friday, August 24, 2007

look!

You know how I mentioned I had finally made prints of my illustrations, well yesterday I dropped off 5 big prints and 2 small ones to a fantastic new children's store in a nearby suburb. The prints are limited edition giclee prints, and are framed with lovely big mats. They looked so nice once they were all finished, but they looked even better in the shop! It was so surreal seeing my works framed and on the wall of a shop, they suddenly looked all fancy, and I had a split second of seeing them as though they weren't mine.

Framed Prints

The shop is quite new, and is the type of place you dream about owning. It has the coolest vintage wallpaper, and she had filled her store with amazing items from all over the world (some of it she buys straight from Etsy!). It's rather "boutique" (translation: a little on the pricey side), but in the best kind of way, with unique, quirky, well made things. Clothing, decor, books, softies... It's really a most unique store. And she plays fantastic music.

I went in there one day. The store was brand new. I don't know what came over me but I introduced myself as a local artist and mentioned that I do childrens stuff. It was so unlike me! Anyway, one thing lead to another and yesterday at lunchtime I delivered my first batch. By closing time 2 big prints had sold already! (fingers crossed that it keeps up like this).

Anyway, if you're in Sydney, go check it out. The shop itself is well worth a visit:
My Messy Room
111a Smith St, Summer Hill.

7 comments:

Susan Schwake said...

WONDERFUL! hooray! they look terrific and well, a perfect place for your lovely lovely work flossy-r!
congrats!

Diane Duda said...

Good for you...what with the being all brave and all!

They look just wonderful!

Anonymous said...

How exciting! And how brave you are to have introduced yourself! They look lovely and I hope they all sell as quickly.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!
Sometimes I think our 'artistic angels' push us in the right direction. I don't know how many times I've sat down and painted a piece and when i turn around and look at it, I don't recognize it and can't figure out how I created it on my own... LOL
divine intervention, or some kind of intervention!!
So excited for you Flossy!!

Anastasia said...

fantastic news!!! thanks for the address...I'll have to check out the store - Summer Hill has cute shops and a lovely atmosphere...have you been to Babycakes - yummy!!!

lil kim said...

Congrats flossy! Such great news all at once - selling your art (just think of it hanging on the wall in a child's room - they'll grow up looking at it and it will inspire them) and then also moving to such a beautiful place in the world. I'm jealous! xx

Anonymous said...

Oh these look so wonderful!!
I just wish I was living near Sydney... :(