
This is: "Me taking a picture of myself in the mirror with my favourite accessory."
Because my new octopus necklace arrived just a few days ago from adorkable's etsy store, it is of course my most favourite new thing :D
But before it arrived, I was all set to select my rings as my favourite accessory for this weeks "this is" meme. I NEVER wear rings all at once like this- pimp stylen'; usually just one at a time, but I love each of them. I have selected my favourite few for show and tell...
1. The top one on my thumb I wear every day. It came from my mum's jewellery box years and years ago. She used to only wear gold, so she gave this to me. It used to have intricate vines etched into it, but they've almost all worn away now. I wear this on my thumb as it's the only finger it fits on. I have worn it for at least 13 years.
2. Today my pointer finger is modeling the ring I had made when I was in Greece. It was my first time out of the country, I travelled around Europe on my own, and my first stop was Greece. This ring was in a jewellery shop on a Greek island. The jeweller re-made it overnight for me so that it would fit on my skinny fingers. It originally came with 3 rings that sat together to look like one piece, but I sadly lost one of them when washing my hands in the bathroom at my bosses engagement party. :( I love this ring, it reminds me of octopus tentacles, and Greece.
3. The big sparkly one was also from my Mum's jewellery box. I think this was "dress up" for her, and it was for me too for some dress-up party at some stage. But now I wear it seriously... only very occasionally... and only when I'm in the right mood.
4. Although this is about 3 years old, this is the newest of all my rings. I got it from a young jewellery designer at Paddington Markets. I love it because it's one single piece looped around twice. From one side it looks like you see it, and on the other side it looks like two separate rings. I always thought symbolically the design would make a beautiful wedding band.
5. The ring on my pinky isn't shown very well in this photo. I got in in Melbourne. If you take it off and look at it from above it is actually square, with a round finger whole cut out of the centre. Each side is identical, inlaid with mother of pearl. I loved the concept of a square ring, and the subtly of the pearl and silver together.
I love rings, but like I mentioned I only ever wear one, maybe two, at a time, only ever on my right hand, and usually only ever on the middle or ring finger, 'cause the others are too skinny to enjoy human jewellery.










13 comments:
peekaboo!
Beautiful rings! I love when you share your favorites!
Also, I love the necklace. I have been eying it on etsy for a long while.
Great rings! I especially love the big dress-up ring. And I'm glad to know I am not the only one who suffers from 'skinny fingers'. In school I was called 'skeletor' (after the skeleton dude in He-Man) because of my skinny knobbly fingers...it does make it hard to find pre-made rings that aren't made for kids doesn't it!
The pink ring is so beautiful. You should wear it more often. You should show it off.
Have a super day!
Kyla
Love the octopus pendant! And a great little ring collection there too!
Thanks for the comment on my blog!
I love your rings and especially the accompanying stories. I always wear silver too. The octopus is great.
Love your necklace and rings and enjoyed reading about them too
Love the "dressing up" ring, they are all lovely. and your blog is beautiful, too.
Wow, I really love your necklace and ring number 4!!!
YOu and I have the same policy on ring wearing... so funny!
I love rings a lot and own many but only ever wear one- maybe two- at a time. I think I need to blog about this too one of these days.
the octopus pendant is so unique!
love it!
That necklace is great!
i love your new necklace - it looks fantastic on you!
it was great reading about each ring and its story!
wow that octopus is fantastic! love his curly legs. :)
Post a Comment