flossy-p home

Thursday, April 10, 2008

save

save
My Illustration Friday attempt for save.

It was around this time last year we started our search to find ourselves a kitty-cat. It was a long and painful search, but it ended very well with the introduction of Tilli into our family. When we told people she was a stray and we got her from an animal shelter (which is a nice word for "pound" these days), they said "oh, so you saved her life". I never thought oh it like that. I couldn't... because of all the other cats we left behind... (I wanted to believe that they'd all find loving new homes). But you know it's probably true.
I want to believe we can save her from everything.

It's a been months since my last IF, and this one is quick and sketchy... with Del Kathryn Barton inspired contour lines.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is amazing, its just astonishing! THe linework is exquisite!

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of the illustrations on the Decemberists web site. Very lovely lines. I enjoy the sketchiness of the piece and the shape of the cat is great.

Good job. Your whole blog is very crisp, like linen on a clothes line.

timafli said...

Nice portrait and very original.

Anonymous said...

very nice illustration. i love your style!

Vhrsti said...

Admirable! Very nice style!

Jane Turpentine said...

This is as always quite adorable! I love your delicate work.

Roberta said...

It's wonderful... and I'm glad your cat found a loving home.

Anonymous said...

This is a sweet illustration and a sweet story! Your cat has found a wonderful home:>

Anonymous said...

Love, love love it! Want to fly out to Salt Lake City, Utah (US) and give me some lessons? :)

Anastasia said...

its so graceful and emotional - love it!!
i went to the Archibald exhibition last week - the winning piece was amazingly stunning...so much detail!!

Anonymous said...

Well, it is beautiful! Lovely story too, if I decided to have an animal again, I would get it from a shelter too. Thanks for your nice comments too!

FRAN said...

georgous line work....really expressive!...great character!

Denise Gallagher said...

Nice lines
and subject.
I like the use of color for just the cat.
Good job!

and thanks for your kind comment!
Have a great day!

Denise