flossy-p home

Saturday, April 12, 2008

swap surprise

So we went along to the exhibition opening last night, and today I am feeling embarrassed. I am ashamed to say I underestimated the quality of work that would be in the show... basically it was excellent. I assumed being a local open submission show I'd be fine, but the quality of the other works put me to SHAME. So today I'm feeling pretty low.

Tossing up whether to crawl back into bed, or lock myself away in a room with art materials until I come up with something good...


Johanna's StampsFortunately a lovely surprise package arrived to lift my spirits! Last year I put on a little ATC swap. I got some wonderful things from some talented folk in return for my tiny ladies. Meanwhile I had completely forgotten about it, and then, out of the blue, THIS arrives!
It's a postponed swap from Johanna of Just Johanna fame! It had a sweet card, a cheery picnic-bird ATC, and a bonus prize set of her self-designed stamps! There's a few birds to match my blog header :), the cutest owl, a hot air balloon, and a stamp that says "friend". How cool are they?!

Thanks SO much Johanna. This is a great package, and it was soooo nice getting it as such a surprise.
(And thankfully we have a mail redirection, and she knows my real name, otherwise it would have gone to our old house in Sydney - phew)

I love surprises! :D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cheer up! There are many of us who LOVE your work!

*hugs*

Anonymous said...

I second equipoise's comment! Your painting looks incredible. Such a beautiful color palette, and the style has such an edge to it. Cheer up, I am sure the other artists were admiring your work and it was worthy to hang on the walls with the others.