flossy-p home

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

sneak peek wednesday

HoneyEater"What I'm making this week, holding it up under a lamp to get enough light, Wednesday"

Here's another sneak-peek at a new work heading to the show at artstream in September.

I've been bringing critters and elements from my immediate environment into these new works. This one features a "blue-faced honey eater". We see a lot of these birds in our yard, they're kinda alien looking actually, with that flouro-blue leathery patch around their eyes. These are the ones that get up really close to the window to intimidate Tilli (our kitty) on the other side. She loves them for it! Ironically, on days when she goes outside to play, they are nowhere to be seen.

Clever alien birds.

7 comments:

Geek+Nerd said...

Oooh, I love it! I love that patch of bright blue, and how the bird curves with the girl's face. Pretty!

Jenny said...

I love it too-such a pretty alien bird:)

Katrina Jackson said...

This is gorgeous!

Danielle said...

i really like the branch/detail the bird is sitting on... fantastic as always flossy-p!

Belinda said...

She is just so peaceful and loving. I think it is great.

Gemma said...

This is great- really lovely!

Bec said...

This is lovely - I really like the inclusion of the bird :)