"What I'm making this week, holding it up under a lamp to get enough light, Wednesday"Here's my sneak-peek for the week. This one features a yellow-tailed black cockatoo. These huge birds hang out in the trees down along the beach. They have the cutest round yellow cheeks, and when a few of them fly overhead you can hear them coming; their loud cries sound prehistoric.
I've been an antisocial blogger in the past week or so, hardly visiting or commenting at all. And it's only going to get more sparse as I get to the pointy end of the schedule, and finishing all these works over the next 3 weeks becomes more dire. I'm enjoying it all thoroughly, but I just can NOT slip at all. No distractions. I must keep it up. So I'm sorry for not visiting, I miss you.
I'll make it up to you with a little give-away! Coming soon sometime in the next few weeks. Stay tuned. :)










9 comments:
I forgive you for not visiting! Just happy to know you are working on what you love.
That large forehead and shadowing around the nose gives such personality.
xx
I've enjoyed reading your comments... Made me smile.
Also it's great to see people as dedicated to her art as you.
:)
its a beautiful piece - love the bird head!
good to see you head down at it...i get so distracted...i have a few things to complete but Im here blogging away!
I'm so glad I found your blog (via your work at artstream)! I saw one of your pieces a few years ago, but couldn't find the artist, and here you are! I can't wait to go back through your archives and catch up.
ooh i love these bird and girl illustrations! it must be wonderful to see these birds with their yellow sunshine cheeks. keep up the good work!
Gorgeous :) I'm really loving this bird/girl series!!!
Oh my how I LOVE this,you are so gifted,love the colors~!!!!!the expression wowiee!
Thank-you so much for all your encouraging comments. It's great to get feedback along the way as I progress through these works. Nice to know I'm on the right track :)
That's a gorgeous piece. I love her face - love the colors of her skin and her expression. Bravo!
Post a Comment