flossy-p home

Wednesday, December 03, 2008

all you will ever need

Image A PlaceIt's happened before... and now it's happened again. A package arrives, unexpected. It's a gift for me, for no occasion, for no reason, just a spontaneous, sincerely generous gift. And again it's from Renee. Full of love, generosity and heart, Renee.

It's a book. It's called Imagine a Place, and is filled with the most amazing illusion illustrations that grab hold of your imagination and make it fly. Each illustration is accompanied by a prose, here's one of my favourites:

Imagine a place...
...where your ship holds
all you once knew
and the horizon offers
all you will ever need.

And here's one of my favourite pictures from it:

Imagine A Place, Page
(The lady at the back is holding a big saw)

Thank-you Renee. I love it! I really really love it.

As I discovered yesterday (the postie delivered it bright and early), it's great book to browse through as you're waking up over a cup of tea. It puts a new boundless perspective on the day ahead. So not only has Renee given me a great book, she's given me days with no bounds, imagination, inspiration, and of course she always gives her love.

The book is Imagine a Place. Words by Sarah L Thomson. Paintings by Rob Gonsalves (he's from Cananda).

5 comments:

Shirl and Dave said...

What a lovely gift. I have visited Renee (just dropped into her blog before I came here actually) and she is such a special lady.
Lucky you!

Anonymous said...

Yep - I've done it again, made a comment on my parent's computer! (see above comment)

It's me really! Jacinta! One Little Acorn...

flossy-p said...

hhehehe... Jacinta, I'm becoming quite fond of Shirl and Dave :)

Renee said...

Miss Flossy-P, I received a little something in the mail. I am completely flabbergasted.

I can't talk too much as other eyes look at your site. wink wink

More than I could ever have imagined. I am so completely blown away. I have never seen anything so beautiful.

Thank you so much. More will be said after Christmas.

When I read your letter (other still sealed) I was okay up until the looking up and tilting your head and blowing a kiss).

I know you will be hearing more from us but I just can't say now.

Incredible and a real treasure for ever and ever.

Have fun in Sydney.

Love Renee

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful book... a gift of boundless imagination, how lovely!