flossy-p home

Sunday, December 07, 2008

gold in the garden

"Eye Spy something in my garden"

Gold Christmas Beetle

I'm kind of cheating because I showed this same picture of the golden christmas beetle that I found in my garden earlier in the week. But I just got back from Sydney and I'm far too tired to go looking round the garden now, and... well, I think the beetle is well worth a second look :D


A lovely eye spy topic chosen by Curly Pops this week!

Oh Gosh, and I get to choose next week! I'll have a think and let you all know soon :)

17 comments:

Jenny said...

Definitely worth a second look! That beetle is amazing-glad you had a great time in Sydney!

CurlyPops said...

Wow, I missed the beetle first time around. It's amazing!

muralimanohar said...

I have the beetle invasion ALL OVER my damn house, and NONE of them look like that. I might be more reconciled to them if they DID. :p

Anonymous said...

I can see why it's called a christmas beetle, truly magnificent and since I missed it the first time it's worth a second post for me

Anonymous said...

Wow...now that's something amazing to find in the garden!

Renee said...

Flossy-P, hope you had the best weekend ever. I know how you love Sydney. Hope your eyes and stomach are full and all you need now is a long tall drink of Mr. You.

Now about this Christmas beetle, is that real? If that is real, well than God is truly miraculous.

Love you.

Renee xoxoxoxox

Liesl said...

Its beautiful! I haven't seen a Christmas beetle since I was a child. I think that might say something a bit sad about the ecology of Melbourne.

Sarah-Jo said...

WOW talk about bling bling!
that is one stunning beetle

Kate Moore said...

That one's a good one. They've been about a lot this season but I haven't seen one with that beautiful a colouring yet this year.

Hila said...

That is one amazing beetle - the haute couture of beetles :)

Curious Art said...

Oh my goodness. I thought Japanese beetles' greeny-copper was gorgeous... this one is 14karat plus Morse code to boot.

Anastasia said...

i didnt see it first time round - so very beautiful!!!
hope you had fun - cant wait to hear what you got upto!!

Sharon said...

That's such an amazing colour! Can't wait to see what theme you come up with for next week!

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

That is a gorgeous beetle! Well worth a second look!

Jade said...

What a great pic! Definitely worth a second look :)

Bird Bath said...

that is a great photo! a very special find indeed.

Doda said...

that is awesome - can't believ it is real! Would make a great brooch!