
Last week I delivered a new commission to a lady who lives just near me. She wanted a family portrait to celebrate their wedding anniversary. Usually when I do commissions, they are for people who live far far away. But this time, being so close I got to deliver it right to her and be there to watch her open it. It was such a thrill for me!
I always get an email of thanks for my commissions, sometimes explaining there were tears of joy, but seeing it right in front of me was even more special. Now I believe it :)
I had some amazing co-incidences during this one too. No-one else in her family knew that she had commissioned the painting, but one day I recognised her husband (from the photo's she had sent me of him) when he came into the cafe I was in. I got to check out his facial features and posture, taking lots of mental notes.
Then another day, I went down the beach to take photo's of the tree with the rope swing, documenting it for the painting, and at that very moment, both the daughters walked passed with the little white dog CoCo. Again, they didn't know me at all, but I recognised them right away, and was able to take note of the clothes they were wearing, and then put them in their real outfits in the painting.
They have loads of pets; a dog, a cat, a carpet python, and a bearded dragon (they're all in there), plus a few extra's of each of the girls' favourite critters. It was a fun one. The first one I've attempted of the ocean, and the first one I've attempted of a place I'm very familiar with... my own suburb!
- - - - -
In other news, it's Mr You's birthday TODAY!!!!!! It's all about food. Last night I took him out for a super-fancy meal, I cooked him a big breaky this morning, and today I gave him a massive hamper of party food. Tonight the neighbours are coming around for dinner. Food, food, food!
Hope your day is happy and delicious Mr You .xxxxx.
Happy Birthday!










10 comments:
Absolutely beautiful. That is so strange about seeing them and recognising them and all that! Love all the pets included and the aussieness of the piece.
So gorgeous so special! You did a wonderful job. Happy Birthday to Mr You-hope he had a fun and delicious day:)
I really love the movement in this piece. What a special commission.
That commission looks great!!! I bet they are very happy!
happy Birthday to Mr. YOU!
this is really beautiful! love the feel of it, the colours the happiness!! you are too clever!
happy birthday to your man!
I love the painting. What a special story! And a very happy birthday to Mr. You!
FlossyP it is amazing.
xoxo
Love Renee
Your painting is exquisite! So original and personal. Well done.
That is an awesome painting. Love the stories of the coincidences :)
Post a Comment