

The Finders Keepers Market was amazing!
The market itself was busy, bustley, and inspiring. Actually Friday night was so busy it was crammed. I lost many a friend in the current of the crowd, seeing only a distant wave that was quickly carried off in the sea of people. Saturday was still very busy but not quite as crammed.
The Finders Keepers crew installed knitting everywhere, and beautiful hand-sewn mushrooms clustered among Autumn leaves.



The other stall displays were ridiculous! Ridiculously awesome that is! These people are amazing...


What our stall lacked in grass balls, cardboard castles, and vintage bedframes, it made up for in sheer volume of stuff. Because Penny, Emma and I shared a stall, our table had lots to look at.


Emma's Stall : Benconservato

Penny's Stall : Pocket Carnival

My Stall : flossy-p

My business cards.

Little blackboard price labels, and wood chunks.
Highlights were all the giggles and snacks Penny, Emma and I shared, meeting other lovely stall holders, catching up with all the old friends who came to visit, being able to watch people look at my work (I don't normally get to see that), being able to talk to people about why they liked particular pieces, having people introduce themselves and tell me stories of how my work has meant something to them (I even shed a tear with one lovely gal), and meeting blog friends.
I was reeeaaally nervous before it started, but soon after Monique from A Glass Half Full came and introduced herself to me, we had a great old chat, and immediately afterwards I felt as though I was among friends and had nothing to be scared of. After that I had a ball!
I also got to meet Catherine Campbell!!! I had heard before that she is very nice, and it's true, she really is very very nice. I would loved to have been able to chat with her more, but we were all so busy. It was a treat to watch her work though.

Really it was all the kind comments that meant the most to me. Late last year and earlier this year I went through a hard time and almost considered giving this whole art caper away for a while. But this experience has been such a lift.
Thanks so much to everyone who came along those who supported me by buying something, and those who said hello. Sorry if I didn't get to chat to you properly, I did try.
I had THE BEST TIME! :D
(First 2 pics by Penny)










14 comments:
I am so, so bummed I didn't even know it was on. Clearly my head is in the clouds.
So glad it was a great experience. Wish I got to meet you!
Wow! Those knitting/sewing installations are SO AWESOME! And HUGE! I wish I could've seen that in person. I'm glad you had a great time, lady, you deserve it!
Your pics are great. Good to hear you had a good weekend of selling. I didn't get there - Girl Guide camp - but feel like I've caught up with bloggers' posts.
How amazing! Sounds like you had a wonderful time. I would have loved to have been there! Hope everything with the new house is coming along well. Take care!
Please don't ever give up. You are an inspiration to this artist trying to find her way. :)
Looks like a wonderful experience, hope you had a good time!
Yay! go Flossy! it looks like you had a great time, it makes me feel sad that you even for one moment considered giving up! You are so insanely clever and talented that is crazy talk. Crazy I tell ya! x
Congratulations!! I meant to come and visit but I had a nasty cold along with the rest of the family. I'm pretty bummed as I have missed every single Finders Keepers since we moved back to Sydney, mostly we are out of town that weekend.
Oh I'm so glad you haven't given up on art!!! You're so very talented & it's fabulous to see that the universe is supporting your work :) I first found you on a trip to Adelaide last year. I bought a few of your gorgeous gift cards in a cute little shop there. This was before I started getting my art out into the world too (and surely it played some part in giving me the courage to do so!). Please keep creating...for the sake of humanity! x
what do you mean you thought about giving up the art... no way!! your stuff is too lovely :) it was great to meet you. xx
Wow!!!That looks like some fabulous market all right! Glad it went so well
wow, looks fantastic flossy. I'm spewing because I'm going to be in Sydney THIS weekend and wish it could have been LAST weekend so that I could have been there!! What a wonderful display of such talented people!!
oh i wish i had gone this time!!! would have been lovely to come by and say hello to you gals!!!
glad to hear it was a fantastic day!
Your stall looks so lovely and those knitted pieces hung up are wonderful, inspiring me to hang an opshop knitted blanket on the wall.
Post a Comment