flossy-p home

Monday, May 17, 2010

moss bunny

Moss Bunny

Up until this weekend, my only contribution to the renovation/redecoration of our new house was this moss bunny. Delightful, no?

As sweet as she is, I had been feeling like I was letting the home team down a little. So this weekend, I cleared my schedule, rolled up my sleeves and ... I ... weeded. Yup, weeded. All weekend. That goes to show how neglected the gardens were. I still haven't got to the front of the house yet. But the rest is looking much less like a haunted house.

Mr You decided to mow the lawn, and curious about a nearby house who's garden edging looks like its been lazer-cut (it is un-naturally sharp and straight), he attempted to do ours too. Only every mowing, snipping, slashing machine that he had lilted with the trauma of our overgrown lawn, so out came the saw! HAHAHAHA, I didn't see it, but apparently he got down on all fours and sawed that grass into shape. 10 points for effort and neighbourly entertainment!

Meanwhile I was out at the hardware store purchasing a tin of paint to spruce up the insides of some musty old cupboards, some pretty coloured paint samples, and a silver handle.

Those items are no real indication of the work we still need to do to this house. I'm talking cracks in the roof that leak rain, collapsed drains, an awful lot of fencing, and all sorts of stuff. Things that one of my dandy skip-alongs down the aisles of the local hardware will not fix. But by gosh, do I have fun on those dandy skip-alongs all the same. :)


9 comments:

Penny said...

I want a moss bunny! That's so cute!!

Anna Lloyd said...

Haha, you are cute and so is that bunny!

I like paints said...

aawwww wow that bunny is lovely!

.girl ferment. said...

moss bunny rocks, and i love the saw story.

(p.s no, i am opposite to honey blonde. perhaps she another shy blogger)

xx

Geek+Nerd said...

Oh goodness, what a cute little moss bunny that is! And I had to chuckle at Mr. You sawing the grass, HA!

Katrina Jackson said...

I LOVE the moss bunny! I also enjoyed a nice laugh at the picture in my head of Mr You sawing the grass. Nice to hear from you! Good luck with the house fixing!

Alyssa said...

love love moss bunny! where on earth did you find him?

oh i wish you got pictures of the mowing the lawn with a saw, thats dedication for you :)

Allison said...

what an incredible spot! homeowners!! how exciting for you both. congratulations.

Pflugerville Painters said...

Nice blog yyou have