flossy-p home

Thursday, June 10, 2010

extras

If you were to ask, I'd tell you that one of my greatest fears is being on TV in the background of one of those tabloid news stories. You know the ones where all you see is a slow-motion close-up of a cellulitey bum walking away. Or worse, a zoomed in slow-mo shot of someone eating a hamburger, beetroot and sauce oozing out the side.

So I broke into a little sweat when a friend left a message on our answering machine the other night saying he'd seen me on TV. It was a news program, and I was in the background, but thankfully not doing anything embarrassing.

The story was about the success of Frankie Magazine, and they took lots of footage of the Finders Keepers Market. And because our stall was fortunately situated next to the Frankie stall, we made it in, as extras. (Me, Penny, Emma, Catherine and others).

So my 3 seconds of fame was proudly riding on the coat-tails of Frankie Mag. And what a fine coat it is.

You can watch it here for the next few days on the 7:30 Report, from Tuesday 8th June (fast forward to just before the 25th minute).

7.30 Report Pics

4 comments:

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

he wasn't the only one that spotted you.... xx
saw the exhibition today! it was fabulous!!!!

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

Very cool!

And thank you for your beautiful words on my blog lately!

Katrina Jackson said...

Sad! Us Americans aren't allowed to watch the video. Oh well, I think it's super cool that you got your 3 seconds of fame!

Anna Lloyd said...

I saw you on the 7.30 report. I excitedly told Steve I thought they were doing a feature on Frankie and then excitedly pointed you out in the background recognizing you from your photos of the market!