flossy-p home

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

breath of spring

06kitchen_rect540

Breath of Spring is the name of the paint colour we are in the middle of painting on our kitchen walls. The name, unlike some paint colours, describes it pretty well I think; a warm citrusy yellowish green.

We've almost finished that bit, and have now moved onto the dark grey feature wall that frames the window. After that it's onto floating shelves me thinks. I've always wanted floating shelves in the kitchen. Although, I hear it creates alot of dusting, but who cares about sticky kitchen dust when there's pretty kitcheny things on shelves for all to see.
_ _ _

(The picture above is not our kitchen, but the colour is pretty much identical. Our kitchen is, at this moment, dismantled and shrouded in plastic cover sheets... which is making the task of preparing food all sorts of tricky.)

Sorry I can't remember where I nabbed that kitchen picture from. Thanks to the source all the same.

5 comments:

Sarah Knight said...

Looks like an interesting color! The last thing I painted was my studio / living room / office — which is peach — the color was called "mermaid" which I always thought was amusing. There is no beach theme (lots of gaudy seventies style flowers though)...

Anyway, best of luck with the kitchen redo! :D

Geek+Nerd said...

Pretty color! I am jealous of the "not your kitchen" stainless steel fridge

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

I nearly had a heartattack looking at what i thought was your kitchen and how differnt it looked with some new paint!!
nice colour Flossy.xx

Hila said...

what a great name! I often buy things purely based on their names - I know, it's superficial and silly :)

Buck said...

Oh my god, there's so much useful material in this post!
at this shop | http://edpillspoland.com | this site