flossy-p home

Monday, November 15, 2010

merci beaucoup

ThankYou
(Image from K is for Calligraphy, on Etsy)

Thank-you all so much for your kind, happy, sweet, encouraging and thoughtful words on my previous post!

Yes, I did manage to keep it quiet for quite a while, mind you, you may have noticed long absences on this blog in the past few months as a result. ;)

PHEW... it feels good to let the cat out of the bag I must say. Now I can catch you up on everything... actually there's not that much to tell (apart from some hilarious comments from Mr You). I've been uber-lucky to have had a dream run so far, not a single spew believe it or not. Actually I feel so robust I am trying to work out ways I can get super-high hormone levels and increased blood volume after all this is over. I feel so much more healthy than normal.

Yes, don't you worry, I am WELL aware of how freakin' lucky I am. Trust me.

On the flip side, because I am 5 foot 1, and before all this weighed 45 kilos, I have been warned by the obstetrician that towards the end I will have an almost impossible time breathing, eating, moving... eeek.

I have banned any talk or stories of childbirth until after Christmas. I aim to remain in deep denial for the rest of the year. If you try to talk to me about any of that just yet, it may bring on a big spew after all.

No, we don't know the gender yet. We're going for a surprise. We're pretty sure it'll be a boy or a girl... although it looked A LOT like a puppy at the first ultrasound. Hmmmm, maybe that's why I get a bit teary when I see lost or sick dogs on TV these days.

I'll keep you posted.
Thanks again. .xx.


P.S. Speaking of "thank-you's", my Thanksgiving giveaway will be announced shortly, although it's going to have to be a little different this year. Stay tuned.

3 comments:

Kaili Ittensohn said...

Wonderful news! So nice to hear that pregnancy is being kind to you :) I'm also 5 ft tall and unfortunately for me I looked more like a little oompa loompa during my two preganancies! Congrats x

.girl ferment. said...

I am late on the wagon, but congratulations to You and Mr You.

I hope the dream run continues.
xx

Megan.K. said...

Heehee - I banned all actual birth talk until waaaaaay into my pregnancies too! I banned myself from even thinking about it until I was at least 8 months.
Worked for me!
x